Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Hoping for the best.

17 1

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Jake Bentley threw 55 TD’s and ran for another 8 TD’s in 33 games in the SEC…

Hoping for the best…

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I had heard those stats. The int were news to me.

4 1

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

In your effort to emphasize the positive with Bentley you’re actually further reinforcing the OP’s post.  Bentley’s passing TD to interception ratio is slightly better than 1.5 to 1 per game.  That’s not good and it can’t continue if we’re going to win with Bentley at the helm and a young defense.  Bentley has to be better and I think Ludwig will help him take that step as he did with Huntley.  

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Bentley will probably not be our savior, but his game experience makes him a solid bet for me.

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

What does the experience count for at his previous performance rate?  It’s sound strategy to go with Bentley’s experience but at the same time watch for improvement and if it doesn’t come, give Rising the ball.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Experience is rather important this season. We have no warm-up contests. However, I completely agree with your 2nd sentence, and I have a feeling that Rising will see plenty of action this season.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

I hadn’t looked up or even really seen or heard any of Bentley’s stats at SC, other than he was a 3yr starter, got injured and Ludwig recruited him.

So with this stat my very first thought was progression from season to season? Then on top of that just like we would do with Huntley, how was his OLine and weapons around him, did his injuries play a role, did SC have a poor defense so they were forced to play catch-up which inherently can lead to more INT’s. I don’t expect anyone to really be able to answer those last few questions but just my thoughts and questions after hearing those stats brought up in this thread.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Bentley stats

Last full season of play was 2018.  His TD to interception ratio was better at 2 to 1 and yards per completion up from previous 2 years.  His completion rate dropped each of his 3 years, which when combined with his yards per completion increase could suggest he was throwing downfield more, some of this could have been playing from behind.  However, that completion rate (61%) is low and well below where Huntley was at last year.  Again, it looks like Bentley knew he needed to improve and he came to Ludwig to do it.

S.CarolinaUte
          Ute Fan
          @s-carolinaute

Jake came in with high expectations his freshman year. Had decent play for a rookie. He improved with time. In 2018 the C**ks had high expectations, good offensive line and sound defense. Jake was the perfect definition of Hot or Cold. He looked like the best SEC QB against good competition then like crap against teams we had no business struggling against. (See Akron for crap game, Clemson for Great game)

The natives were restless at end of 2018, we brought in a good freshman recruit. First game was North Carolina and Jake stunk (crappy team) Jake got hurt, Coach let it be known his recruit had upper hand.

Jake at his best the Utes can put points on anyone. At his worst we will all be pulling our hair out.

Just my Opinion. Go Utes – Go C**ks

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

And ? If he’s not up for it then we put in Cam Rising.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Whitt values ball control enough that he will only play if he improves that stat, guaranteed.  Context can make a difference.  Likely So Carolina was often behind and desperate to catch up late in games.  An interception at the end of a half tossed long may be forgiven more than a pass into coverage ending a great drive about to score.  At Utah, we error on the side of sitting players too long that give up the ball so I don’t expect this to be an issue.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Charlie, why are all of your posts quadruple spaced? Weird.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Sometimes they double post along with the quadruple space.

Mule
          Ute Fan
          @mule

Social distancing?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bentley threw 32 interceptions in 33 games at South Carolina