Best Leach Stories Ever

Viewing 5 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

For those that haven’t yet seen this, it’s awesome. Out of all things Mike Leach – locker room losses, jackalopes, Whitt vs cristobal, wedding planning, etc, this one takes the cake. 

It may make you download the app to read it. Not affiliated with the Atlantic, but it’s worth it. 

https://theathletic.com/1138379/2019/08/15/what-the-is-going-on-right-now-inside-mike-leachs-qb-meetings/

There are some amazing quotes. On a more serious note, the dude simplifies everything as much as possible to get the most out of his players. Oh, and they don’t have a playbook. 

Enjoy. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

No playbook eh? Interesting.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

”Throw to the guy that’s f**king open.” – Mike Leach

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

O M G THAT WAS GOOD

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Was it not amazing?! 

1 7

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I know this is shallow of me, but Leach’s public venture into political statements has made me not a fan.  I can’t stand the guy and I see why other universities shy away from him.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Universities claiming moral high ground when they have none has always amazed me. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

There is a funny book, “Squib-Kick it to the Fat Guy”  that has a ton of Leach anecdotes. Entertaining guy in his rambling, but honestly if I were rooting for a team he was coaching I’d be disappointed that he’s potentially leaving out some stuff that could take the team to the next level. He was perfect as an offensive coordinator, but a ead coach has so many things to plan and teach he seems a bit too much seat-of-the-pants, lets just go out there and have fun, see who’s open and throw it to him. Fun to have him in the conference, but glad he’s not the Utah head coach.

5 1

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Sweetgrass,
      Let’s get this straight, If someone disagrees with you politically, they are to be shunned by universities? Pretty pretentious and shallow from my viewpoint. We are supposed to be tolerant but only if we agree? I believe this kind of attitude is what is driving the public today. More discourse with less judgement is what I believe we need. It is OK to disagree. It is OK to believe different things. If you believe something find a way to explain your viewpoint to help sway others. Research your facts before you argue….. I digress. This is really something that bothers me.

1 7

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

we have hundreds of professional high profile pro and collegiate coaches that keep their political views out of social media (whichever way they lean) and then we have a knucklehead like Leach who didn’t. I don’t care which side any of them support but when you purposely try and deceive people because of your influence, that makes you an asshole.

I have no idea of the political leaning of any college coach in the country except for one.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Best Leach Stories Ever