Best streaming service for college football

Viewing 10 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I cut the cord from Dish last year and have since been using SlingTV. Sling has improved its apps and streaming quality signficiantly over the last year, but the biggest draw back for me is the lack of CBS sports, NBC, Fox, and ABC where a lot of the primetime college football and NFL games appear.

What is a better streaming service that carries the PAC-12 network? Is there one? I’ve looked into YouTube TV, Fubo TV, and Hulu, but I’ve never tried any of them yet.

What recommendations do you have?

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Hulu Live is pretty awesome, the app itself works really well switching channels quickly, and you can sign in to ESPN, Fox, and CBS with it as well. It’s also pretty cheap, 39.99 if I’m not mistaken. So that, plus 25 with Sling for Pac-12 get you every single game you could want, besides the stupid ones on ESPN+ that no one watches.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Out of curiousity how much are you paying for internet? Cuz you’re in it $65 a month right there for streaming. Unless you live in an area with Google fiber or something I’d be suprised if you’re paying less than $60 a month for internet, right? 

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

39.99 promotional package for 150 mbps.  We don’t have regular TV, but we use a lot of streaming services not related to sports, so even when it goes up to $65, it will be worth it.  The thing I like about Hulu/Youtube and Sling is that I can cancel the service when football season is over and not get stuck with early cancellation fees from a stupid contract.  I may lower it to 100 mbps during the off season to get the 49.99 package, but I like the high quality.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I use youtube TV for streaming things (don’t know if they have pac12 network or not, I use xfinity’s online service for that). Youtube TV works quite well in my estimation, it isn’t perfect, but it’s way better than xfinity streaming in my experience.

norm
        Ute Fan
        @norm

YouTubeTV is great, but it doesn’t have Pac12 Network available.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Why not get an over-the-air antenna for CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC?
      Here is a good source for that:
      Solid Signal TV Antennas

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

So I forgot to add, I travel weekly for a living so I need something I can stream from anywhere (airport, hotel, etc).

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

TV Antenna Head

Utephoria
            Ute Fan
            @utephoria

A younger and alienated Mr. Hand.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Get an HD antenna for over the air, I use this for those games on Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS I want to watch. One time cost, and I can keep my SlingTV game running and just flip back and forth.

I miss having a tailored list of channels like I had on Xfinity/Comcast, but I can revert to last channel with both my TV remote and SlingTV remote so flip around 4 games if I want to. Also with SlingTV I’ll often just put it on the ESPN Redzone or whatever it’s called and then let them take me to the exciting games. I only do this if I don’t have a specific game I’m trying to watch, or care about.

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I tried the free month of Fubo TV.  If you were a big soccer fan it would be great. I use Sling for access to the PAC 12 network. I don’t notice a big difference in quality or ease of use between the two. I feel there are more channels on Sling that I actually would want to watch.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I have YouTube TV. Works great, but no PAC 12 AFAIK.

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

I use directv now all year. I have the “go big” 105 channel plan plus hbo for $70 a month. I really like it and get all the local channels (minus KSL currently due to negotiations 🙄). And I buy the cheapest version of Sling during the football season just so I get the Pac Network. ($30/month). Works for me, and even when I’m paying for both, it’s still cheaper than what I was paying per month with Dish or Direct satellite. 

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

I’ve had Sling and now love YouTube TV. I have a work around for road Pac 12 games (I buy a friend dinner at the start of the season who has an online dish account). YouTube TV broadcasts local channels, has a DVR and is only $40 bucks. The user interface is far better than Sling, imo.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I’m really interested in Youtube TV but I can’t live withou the Pac-12 network

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

I love it but yeah, I can go on forever about how dumb the Pac-12 Network is and how they manage it. I get your pain, I’m lucky to have a work around.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

/r/cfbstreams

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

I’m in agreement with a few above.  OTA antenna and sling.  Only thing I miss sometimes is cbss if I want to watch utah state or air force game. 

I also have had a channelmaster DVR for the antenna stuff. Tivo also has a good one

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Best streaming service for college football