Big10 Network is included in my Verizon Package but I avoid it like the plague.

Viewing 1 reply thread

CapitalUte
      Ute Fan
      @capitalute

It p**ses me off to no end that Verizon will carry the BTN as part of a basic package, but I don’t even have the option to pay extra for the PAC12 Network. Same goes for the SEC Network, I’ll never watch it. If I could I would remove them from my lineup even though they are “free”. The idea that even if don’t watch them my subscriber fees are still funding the competing conferences outsized media deals and putting the U at a disavantage is just salt in the wound.   

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Perhaps the Pac-12 Network wouldn’t have such low viewer ratings if it was available, you know on providers like DirecTV and stuff.

CapitalUte
        Ute Fan
        @capitalute

It would help, but it’s all about those base package subscriber fees. If the PAC12 was just part of some $5 Sports+ package I doubt it would get many subscrbers in my area (DC). 

Not sure if it’s a regional thing. Are Utah Verizon subscribers forced to chip in to the BIG10 Athletic fund too? 

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

verizon isn’t available in slc area unless there’s some special streaming thing.  comcast and dish have the pac 12 channel, dtv doesn’t.  i used to live in socal and had ATT uverse which had the absolute best channel line up.  it had everything.  ATT now owns directv so i’m surprised a deal didn’t get done.  dtv is too big for their britches.  they have the sunday ticket which is a big deal for most people.  probably switching to comcast next sumer.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Big10 Network is included in my Verizon Package but I avoid it like the plague.