Bill Riley being very defensive

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He responded to a lot of texts.  Most texts expressed concerns about the Utes’ lack of rushing or our ability to stop the run.  Bill would have none of it.  He just kept saying OSU is a very good team and we won 42-16. 

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I agree with both. OSU is a solid, physical team – we should be proud of the team for a great win… AND there are some weaknesses (run defense, run blocking) that continue to need to be improved if we want to repeat & improve from last year.

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

I get frustrated with some of the close-mindedness in local sports media. I see so many of these guys dying on a hill, so to speak, and refusing to acknowledge the full picture.

I get it, it’s a big win against a great team. The Utes deserve a bunch of credit for putting together that giant margin of victory. Nonetheless, there is space for criticism and concern.

If we play against quality QBs(i.e. DTR, Caleb Williams, Bo Nix), it’s going to be a very different game. I’m not saying those QBs are exceptional and won’t make mistakes against us but even if you have marginal QB play, the game is up for grabs. I’m very concerned about the upcoming 3-game stretch.

Utah has yet to put a full game together, and they’re going to have to do that to beat UCLA, USC, WSU and UO.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

100% agree. Rewatched the game. Man, OSU missed on several down field passes that were wide open. Same situation with a good QB, it’s possibley a different ball game. Utah had another game with no sacks, weak pressure, and a decent run game. Ute offense took what OSU gave them and they are very hard to prepare for. Best receiver goes down and others step up. Rising may not always have the big stats, but he just knows how to win. If DTR has time to sit back and sling it, Utes could be in trouble, same goes for USC. DTE and CW won’t miss on the open down filed throws. That said, KW has UCLA’s number, lets hope it stays that way. Utah may very well have as many or more fans in Pasadena.

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

A huge percentage of DTRs throws are 10 yards or less. I can’t remember the number but it was a super silly stat. The guy doesn’t throw downfield very much.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Gunther actually told it how it was and you guys accused him of being a Utah hater

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bill Riley being very defensive