Bill Walton and the game

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Walton needs to have his weed checked- I think it was laced. I hadn’t watched a game for years with him on it . Some of the stuff he says is so insanely irrelevant to the game. He also kept making whooping Indian war cries. Then he’ll try and impress you with his Utah geological knowledge. I wish I never see another game with him on it. 
      Great win for these young Utes. They didn’t exactly finish strong but they held on for a huge win. If they can get a top three or four finish in conference they could be a tourney team with a win like that on the resumé.

1 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

He’s a freaking idiot. So tired of his shtick

4 2

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Strongly disagree. I love Walton. I would watch him call a game of croquet. 

ewdwkw
        Ute Fan
        @ewdwkw

I agree, I love listening to Bill Walton. You simply have to do it in the right frame of mind. You can’t expect anything of value or insight related to the game you are watching. Instead, think of him as the excentric relative from when you were a child, who would show up at family gatherings and tell dirty jokes or inappropriate stories with the children present. Your parents and other responsible adults would cringe but you thought it was funny. Only later did you realize that the excentric relative was actually a loon with a criminal history, commitment issues and the inability to maintain gainful employment. Maintain your childhood innocence and allow Bill Walton to let you laugh a little more.

uteof
          Ute Fan
          @uteof

I agree with you. He’s fun if you don’t expect a lot of substance. He did analyze stuff pretty well last night, though. When I was growing up we would camp near some long-time friends. Talley wa full of crap.  We knew everything he said was bs, he knew we knew, but his stories were so good it didn’t matter. Some of Walton’s stuff is like that. Just enjoy him for the eccentric hall-of-famer he is. 

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I like Walton’s basketball knowledge and that he prefers that the ref’s stay out of he way. However, he does talk way too much.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Bill Walton and the game