Blackout Helmets Are Back

Viewing 6 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Utes Equipment posted a preview video of the uniforms for this weekend. Black handcrafted helmets from the USC game, white jerseys, black pants and cleats.

Let’s hope those black helmets have a special power for taking down teams from Southern California.

GO UTES!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let us also hope these black cleats are Nike brand. 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thought they offered those for sale? We don’t want them scratched.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Did you pony up the $2,500 for one?

Anonymous
      Inactive

My brother did. $1900 of that $2,500 is considered donation. He asked for Marcus William’s or Tyler Huntley’s. I just
      Want to sleep with it….once.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m content with my one Ute helmet, signed by the whole Sugar Bowl team. 🙂

MTM
        Ute Fan
        @mtm

My daughter was 12 during the Sugar Bowl season and Robert Johnson had the team sign a jersey for her.

Anonymous
      Inactive

He has one of those Sugar Bowl helmets too. I passed as
      I’m in that phase of life where I’m trying to clear the house of stuff and I’m not really a collector type.

UteCoop
      Ute Fan
      @utecoop

Love the helmets but shouldn’t we be wearing white helmets on a day that is going to be 90 degrees in SoCal? I don’t know if it makes a difference or not but it’s was the first thing that popped into my head.

Anonymous
        Inactive

It’s a dry heat.

Seriously, this time of year the heat is due to Katabathic wind, or what we would call Santa Ana wind. Essentially, this is a drainage wind that carries high density air from a higher elevation down a slope under the force of gravity. In the descending process the air is compressed and heats up. Such winds are sometimes also called fall winds. So the heat is less due to direct sunlight and more do to the effect of Santa Ana winds. As a result, the black color of the helmets would have minimal impact on the heat felt by the players.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Blackout Helmets Are Back