Both Gach

Viewing 3 reply threads

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I was hoping to see news that he is elegible this season by now.  He would make a big difference if have him in this rebuild year.  Any idea if this happens?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You suspect he has to sit out a year since he left and came back? I don’t know how that stuff works. 

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

It seems like a pretty tough standard for people who have transferred twice like Gach has. To compete after a second transfer, Gach has to meet either (1) the current education-impacting disability guideline or (2) an updated guideline that addresses a real and imminent health and safety threat. Josh Newman has a story about it in the Trib today.  He thinks Gach will get the waiver, fwiw.

1 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He’s now transferred twice, which means the COVID thingy doesn’t apply to him. There is an article on it written by Josh Newman. He doesn’t get a free transfer. He has to qualify for a waiver based on (IIRC from the article) health reasons that couldn’t be dealt with at his previous school, or educational reasons… something like that. Newman seems to think he’ll get it, but to me, it seems like he shouldn’t (if the NCAA actually applied the rules as they are written to any/all situation, which they obviously don’t). I think Newman is just looking at others who have received the waiver and thinking that, given all of the things that have gone on with COVID, they should let him play.

If the NCAA wants to make the decision that is in the best interest of everyone involved, and that harms LITERALLY no person or entity, they will give him the waiver… but the NCAA doesn’t care so they most likely won’t IMO.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.