Bowl Game

Viewing 4 reply threads

UpDog
      @updog

Doubt Moss or Huntley play in the Bowl. Can’t blame them, unlike most of the players that sit out bowl games, these two studs have already gone above and beyond to make Utah football great.

Question is, I know a redshirt can play in a bowl game, but I was wondering since the NCAA deemed C. Rising’s waiver ineligible, assume he’s not a game option, practice only?

Will be interesting to see the stating line up on both sides of the ball.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Blackman.

Go Utes 🤜🤛

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Rising not eligible this year. Redshirt not relevant.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Pretty lame if they sit out the bowl game IMO.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yeah, totally lame to not want to ruin their bodies even more. I hope they don’t play tbh, the bowl game is meaningless, and they didn’t show up when it mattered anyway.

javadave
          Ute Fan
          @javadave

Huntley isn’t going to play in the NFL. Sorry to burst your bubble.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Question: Why is the bowl game “meaningless”? How is its meaning any different from any other non-CFP bowl game?

I played a college sport. When you’re a young man (or woman) representing your school at the NCAA level, every game is meaningful.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

It’d be disappointing, but I wouldn’t blame the NFL-bound guys a bit. Why risk millions of dollars (in Moss, Anae, Jaylon, and Leki’s case) to play in a bowl game that means very little in the grand scheme of things?

I don’t see why Huntley would sit though. He still likely has something to prove to NFL scouts that he can play at the next level.

I hope they all choose to play, but wouldn’t be upset if they don’t.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree. At this point there is nothing to gain risking a future NFL career. Let Brumfield, Green, and JW get reps. Same goes for the JJ and D-llne players going to the NFL. Coach speak about bowls is getting 10-15 more practices for next season. Considering what Utah is losing the new young guys need all the practice they can get. 

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Moss said he wants to play in the bowl last night one more game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.