Bowl Games

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Of course – we want the Rose Bowl and it is within our reach.  But, if we lose – what is likely.

First – we have to assess which teams will be going to the 12 NY6 bowl games.  Here is what I think by conference:

ACC – If Clemson wins – there will be only one ACC team in a NY6 bowl.

Big Ten – If OSU wins – OSU and Michigan will likely get NY6 bowls.

Big Twelve – Gets a bit complicated here.  But, if Oklahoma wins – they may be the only Big 12 team to get a NY6 bowl.  If they lose, Texas and Oklahoma will both get in.  WVU is a possibility.

SEC – Alabama and Georgia are in for sure.  LSU is on the fence. Florida is also on the fence.  

PAC 12 – With the results of this last weekend, I believe Friday’s winner and WSU get in.

G5 – Some team will go by rule.  Now USU is out of the picture – I don’t care who.

So, if WSU goes to a NY6 bowl and UW goes to the Rose – that opens a lot of opportunities for the Utes.  I would hope that we get the Alamo Bowl.  However, I heard their rep say they were still considering Oregon, Stanford and Cal.  Cal makes no sense to me.  They did beat UW, but got pummeled by UCLA.  I think we would travel better than Stanford, but not Oregon.  Their fans seem to travel better than we do.  But, we will have a better record and beat them head to head.  But, it is all about money – so it is very possible Oregon goes over us.

If not the Alamo Bowl, the Holiday Bowl would be okay.  But, with the stupid PAC 12 rules – there is no guarantee.

Antyhing less than the Rose, Alamo or Holiday Bowls would be a slap in the face to this team and what they accomplished.

Let’s get in the Rose and not worry about the rest.  The PAC 12 and the Rose Bowl may not be pleased if we get into the Rose Bowl.  But, if we win Friday – they can’t stop it.

Go Utes!!!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

No matter where we go, everyone should go and spend money. That’s how you get bigger and better bowls. 

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

If not the Rose, I’d much rather have the Alamo bowl pick someone else and the Utes play in the Holiday bowl. It seems there is a lot more to do in San Diego, and it is much easier to get to (both flying and driving). I think fans will travel a lot better to the Holiday bowl – there are many more alums in CA than in TX, and the location and date make it easier to get to.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Don’t underestimate San Antonio.  I have been there a few times and it is a great place to visit.  The river walk is amazing and fun.

I do agree that we would travel better to SanDiego.  It’s odd that we have never played in the Holiday Bowl.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

San Antonio is a great place, especially in December. 

College Fan
      Ute Fan
      @collegefootballfanatic

Here is a great way to guarantee face-value tickets to the Rose Bowl (directly from the Rose Bowl) when Utah makes it:

https://cfp-rsvp.com/rose-bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.