Brandon Cox

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteSteve
      Ute Fan
      @utesteve

With the news that Huntley is taking over the #2 QB spot what does that mean for Cox? Does he transfer and try to start somewhere else? Stay 3rd team? I know he loves Utah and wants to stay but the writing is on the wall that he may never see the field as a QB.

I wonder if he’s open to switching to WR. He’s an athlete and receiver is a thin position so he could potentially get some reps there. Look at Kendal Thompson. If he can get picked up by the Redskins as a receiver after going an entire college career playing QB maybe Cox could make the switch. Just a thought.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I recall that Cox ran a sub 4.5 in the 40.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Brandon Cox graduated this last spring, so he already has the transfer option open. As i understand it he is working on his Master’s Degree and loves the team and the school.

I agree if he is 3rd string it wouldn’t hurt to get reps as a WR or similar. Maybe a Wildcat package.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think he stays and transitions to wide out for his senior season.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

What Huntley being named #2 says to me, Whittingham is all in this year. He knows he has a special group of kids and no matter what he is going to put the best team on the field this year whether that means putting in a freshmen QB & burning a would be red shirt.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I’m not too concerned about Huntley not red shirting. If he is as good as we think he is, no way is he here for 5 years. Personally, I think he’s that good.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree. I think the days of fifth year seniors is quickly ending.

iamthepreacher
          Ute Fan
          @iamthepreacher

I mostly agree unless there is something that will turn off NFL scouts; i.e the QB’s height. Lots of amazing college QB’s go undrafted if they don’t have the physical attributes that NFL teams want. I don’t think Huntley does, unless he grows a few inches and adds a lot more weight to his frame.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.