Breakdown of Utah's Offense

Viewing 12 reply threads

berk18
      Ute Fan
      @berk18

Hi Ute fans,

I’m a Cal alum and fan, and I do video breakdowns for Cal’s SBN Site. I’m trying to branch out to cover more of the conference (especially with Cal’s season where it is right now…), and this week I made a video about one aspect of your offensive domination of the Cal D. I’ve been told that I can post my Utah stuff here as long as I’m not spammy or annoying, so if you think that this kind of stuff is interesting, let me know and I’ll try to post more Ute videos in the future! Also, if you have questions/disagreements about the video, stuff that you’d like to see a break down of, or if you just want to talk more about X’s and O’s, I’m up for talking ball in any and all ways.

Best,
      berk18

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

Great break down.  10/10 would watch again if more are made.

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

Well done, thanks!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’ve never played football so these kinds of breakdowns are fascinating to me. PLEASE keep them coming!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Liked and earned my subscription. 

Uphoric
      Ute Fan
      @uphoric

Really well done, Berk.  Thank you.  Please post more. . .  All the best to the Bears the rest of the way.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Your other videos are good to.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

And this one was very informative:

berk18
      Ute Fan
      @berk18

Thanks, everybody. It’s been a lot of fun looking at Ludwig’s offense. I didn’t do these breakdowns when he was at Cal or Oregon, and fans at both schools hated him, but I was definitely intrigued when I watched his Vanderbilt team. I mentioned it in the video, but the QB coaching is really what stands out to me this year vs. last year. Your offense now has a lot of volume in terms of different plays/concepts, and against us at least it looked like both QB’s really knew what they were doing. That sounds kind of like faint praise, but in college football it’s definitely not.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Beautiful breakdown. I simply love your style, extremely well done in my opinion. Thank you for thinking of us to post here.

Back in 1967-1968, I played HS football at Samuel Ayer HS in Milpitas for Jim Green, the Cal OL (1957-1959) in the Rose Bowl days. I really liked this man. He died a few years after from Lou Gerhigs desease. He took our 1-10 team from 1966-67 to undefeated my junior year. I played right offensive tackle. I moved to Utah for my senior year and played the same position for Ken Schmidt, the coach of Skyline HS in SLC. Back to Jim Green, he to SA undefeated in what would have been my senior year too.

Anyway, thanks.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Hans Olsen works for the Miller family basically  and doesn’t even come close to this guys style and substance. Hans has good substance but the video is hard to watch. 

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Hey, that was pretty good stuff!  I’m not a big x’s and o’s guy, but I found myself thinking, “huh, how about that” a few times.  Great job!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Can’t find enough of the video on Kuithe’s TD, was that also out of this same formation? 

Shelley definitely lead him outside for the TD.

berk18
        Ute Fan
        @berk18

It was. It was the play immediately after the pass right at the goalline that I showed in the video. The Utes came up to the line and ran the same play out of the same formation. Cal switched to Cover-0, since it was at the 1, and so the CB’s covered the WR’s on the stick routes man-to-man, and the Safeties ran with the Flats by the Wing TE’s. When Kuithe crossed the WR to get outside in the flat, it created traffic for the Safety covering him, springing him free to get into the end zone.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Those were fantastic. Thanks Berk!

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Breakdown of Utah's Offense