Brian Thompson

Viewing 7 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Need some feedback. He’s now played two games. With the title game and bowl game coming that makes 4. If he plays Saturday he will lose his redshirt year and basically would have p**sed away a season. Do you think Whitt sits him ? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Post season has never counted toward redshirt in the past. Has that changed?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think it has. What I’ve seen is four games total. So he’d have to sit a game this season. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

What I’d do is play him vs BYU-P and if he doesn’t do much, sit him in the title game. If he blows up vs TDS, play him in the title game. 

If he blows up both games, then ask him what he wants to do for the bowl game. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Play him. He’s got three more years. Play him. Give him the option and he’ll want to play. Let him. Throw to him. Play him. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

If he’s one of our best 4-5 receivers, he should play, for sure. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I don’t believe we’ll see him this weekend. The other two games are more important in the grand scheme of things so this is the game to have him miss.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That contradicts statements you made earlier today to the media Coach…..🤨😉

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Lol…you’re right but it was decided a few weeks ago if we won the South.

He played last year so would only have 2 years left if he played in all 3.  This is the one to miss.  

The kids are excited to play in this game but make no mistake they are definitely looking forward to the Pac12 Championship game…regardless of what anyone says to the media.  They’ll come out ready and our starters will play as long as it takes to win.  No one is worried about an injury…can’t play that way.  

Whit gave his annual speech yesterday…”we don’t lose to those guys” so we’ll be ready.

Go Utes!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Every single player on the team would blow a redahirt to play in the Rose Bowl. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I have a joke but I won’t say it. 

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

Blow his….redshirt😁

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Oh what the hell you don’t want to know what I would blow to see Utah play in the Rose Bowl. 

Brichaute49
          Ute Fan
          @brichaute49

I may be wrong but I don’t think a bowl game counts towards that. We have seen players play in bowl games before that we didn’t see during the year. 

bopahull
            Ute Fan
            @bopahull

I believe that The new redshirt rule is 4 games including post season. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

How about Brumfield?  I think he has now played in 4 games.  Is he done for the season?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I hope the team doesn’t get so involved in gaming the red-shirt rules that they miss out on the services of some great athletes.   If he’s contributing already, play him and don’t worry about “burning” the red shirt.   Burning a red shirt would be playing him for one or two series in 5 games.   There are still 3 more years to play him and its “next man up” to give all to get to the Rose Bowl – and try to win it!

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Has Thompson been a factor at all?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Brian Thompson