Bushman

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I think everyone loves to pump up a tall tight end that isn’t completely unathletic but c’mon. He has back to back 500 yards receiving and a combined 5 touchdowns. It comes out to about 3 receptions a game last season. He’ll be a factor but mainly because it’s Talon and Gunner as the other options vs our secondary.

BJA 13
      Ute Fan
      @bja13

He’s good, but how much better is he going to do than last year?  6 rec 92 yds 1 TD

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Given what else they’ll put out there, wouldn’t you agree Bushmans performance pretty well determines how they play on offense? If he’s quiet I doubt BYU breaks 14 points. If he’s in the open field with the ball a lot, whether blown coverages or poor position by green LBs, the game will be a lot closer than we like. Could open the second level on the run too. Jet sweep away from him and crack block the DE. Now you have folks cheating outside, and the dive works. Bushman is kind of the piece that makes the rest free to move. I hope our LBs are ready.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Honestly, I’ve got visions of Lloyd sticking with him nicely. He played safety through high school and is slightly taller than Bernard.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am no coach, but I think the key to controlling Bushman is to mix up coverage.  I would use a variety of defenders on him.  I would try to confuse Wilson.  I know Guidry is much shorter, but I would use him, Blackmon, Lewis, Bernard, etc.  We need to frustrate and confuse Wilson.  I have to assume that their game plan is to use their tight ends a lot because they don’t have the Wide Receivers that can beat our DBs, especially JJ.  Bushman will get at least ten passes thrown his direction tomorrow night IMO.  We need to make it very uncomfortable for him.  We want him hearing footsteps.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.