BYU fan here. I apologize for posting on your forum and I intend on being as

Viewing 7 reply threads

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

respectful as possible. But I just wanted to say how impressed I’ve been with the Utah football team this year. With the losses of Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe, it has been nothing short of a miracle what Utah has been able to pull off and I think BYU and Utah fans alike should be rooting for them to succeed. I can’t imagine how difficult it has been on those kids to experience those two tragedies and it is amazing to see how they have all come together to produce one of the all-time best seasons in Utah history.

I will be watching as Utah takes on Oregon and I hope that they can go on to win both the Pac-12 and the Rose Bowl. Just incredible that they are even in the position that they are in right now.

P.S. Utah would absolutely destroy BYU if they played right now. I think BYU got really lucky to play them when they did. Glad you guys found a great QB for the future!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Classy post.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I think you have Georgia, and then you have about 15 teams that can beat each other on any given Saturday right now.  Utah & BYU included.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Thank you for the post.

But I am not going to lie. I hope Utah hops BYU in the polls. We likely have to beat again Oregon for it to happen.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Thanks for posting Ted Lasso…very classy. Please come and post anytime.

You guys beat us fair and square this year and I don’t believe in would’ve, could’ve, should’ves . The game was scheduled when it was scheduled and Kalani and BYU came out with a great game plan and out physical’d our Utes. It sucked to lose that way to our rival. But on the other hand, I’m happy for Kalani and all of the great BYU fans out there that have been waiting a long time to be excited again. It’s great for the rivalry to have both teams playing well. I give Kalani a ton of credit for what he’s been able to do under the limitations that Independence has placed on the Y.

Congrats on the Big 12, IMO its not only an exciting time for your Cougs but I believe it’s huge for the state and the rivalry to have 2 P5 rivals 45 minutes from each other going at it each year. Now that BYU is in the Big 12, it removes the “there’s no upside for Utah to play BYU” and I for one hope our AD’s can make every effort possible to play the rivalry game every year possible moving forward.

Congrats again on your season. Both teams have a lot to be excited about.

UteTribe44
      Ute Fan
      @utetribe44

I think we need Sitake in Salt Lake City. Whittingham is getting old and I think he’s burned out. Utah has great talent, they just need a good coach like Sitake to take them to the next step.

6 4

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Yuck. I’d rather anyone but Sitake in Salt Lake.

1 21

UteTribe44
          Ute Fan
          @utetribe44

You’re trippin. Sitake brings the energy that the Utes need. Whittinghams on his death bed.

6 3

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

I would rather have Jay Hill in Salt Lake than Sitake

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Same Sitake that lost to UMASS, couldn’t cross the 50 vs LSU, or lost to Coastal Carolina in their biggest game of the year last year? No thanks. Give me Petersen, Aranda, Scalley, Hill, or a hundred others not named Sitake.

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

While Utetribe’s opinion appears to be quite unpopular given the number of downvotes and responses, but this year has changed a lot of how I think of Sitake as a coach. He’s built a very solid team despite having significant limitations at BYU in both the honor code and with independence.

While I don’t see Sitake leaving BYU, I think he could be an excellent replacement for Whittingham in that he’s become a solid coach who quite frankly has a lot of Whitt’s coaching DNA in him, and will be able to bring the same focus of being a team family.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

This is a great post. Good to see people being nice and welcoming to this poster. BYU’s board is not nearly as welcoming or nice to anyone that disagrees with their rooting interests.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for stopping by and for the classy post. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU fan here. I apologize for posting on your forum and I intend on being as