BYU fans are idiots. The last 4 years, have been the best 4 year stretch in Utah

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

football history.

Let me explain:

Utah has been ranked in each of the last 4 years. That has never happened before in the history of the program. Their high AP ranking each of the last 4 years has been 20, 11, 3, 18.

Three of the last 4 years, Utah has finished ranked. Utah has never before finished ranked 3 out of any 4 year period. Their final ranking in their best 4 year stretch in the MWC: NR (7 wins), 23 (9 wins), 17 (10 wins), 21 (9 wins).

Utah has won 35 games the last 4 years. Their previous high in wins over a 4 year stretch? 42 wins from 2007-2010. Those four years, Utah finished ranked: NR (9 wins), 2, 18, NR (10 wins). Our schedules sucked and we got the respect we deserved then.

Since 1994, we’ve finished ranked 8 times. 3 have come in the PAC-12.

Recruiting? During our greatest non-P5 stretch, our recruiting ranking was (according to 247): 2007 (62, BYU finished higher), 2008 (61, BYU finished higher), 2009 (46, Utah finished higher), 2010 (42, BYU finished higher).

During our PAC-12 4 year run, we finished: 2015 (45, BYU finished lower), 2016 (37, BYU finished lower), 2017 (33, BYU finished lower), and 2018 (34, BYU finished lower).

Yeah, Utah won a couple of BCS bowls in 2004 and 2008. Utah has never reached that level of success in the PAC-12. Utah hasn’t had the single season success the reached two times in 105 seasons as they had in the MWC/WAC/etc conferences.

BUT, what Utah has done the last 4 years, the success they’ve maintained and the level they have played at, has never been reached before in their history.

Some more tidbits of facts to use vs those losers (although believing facts isn’t their strong point):

Utah’s best Power 5 wins in the MWC/WAC (105 years):
      1994: #15 Arizona
      2008: #4 Alabama
      2010: #15 Pitt

Utah’s best wins in the PAC-12 (7 years):
      2013: #5 Stanford
      2014: #8 UCLA, #20 USC
      2015: #13 Oregon, #23 Cal

As much fun as the two BCS years out of 105 were, Utah has grown as a program to a level that we have never before been. We’ve had more sustained success the last 4 years than we have ever had before.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What did the zoob say?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Just my response to the cougarboard thread below. 

just some facts that could be used in that sort of conversation.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

You’re describing the difference between building a solid foundation vs building a house of cards. I’m not surprised that zoobs don’t understand the difference.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

They’re in jealousy/panic mode.  They are going to knock anything and everything they can because of their insecurity with their own program.  They aren’t used to being 2nd in the state and still feel like they should be the superior program.  The sky is falling and I can’t really blame them for irrational freak outs.  They are going to slowly fade out of relevancy(already there, imo) and it’s a tough pill to swallow.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I thought that 2017 class was top 25? 😂

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Seems like the Utes are getting more athletes into the pro leagues than ever before, on a more consistent basis.  Hopefully that news will get through to recruits, especially after you take illegal money off the table, and further rachet-up the talent in the football and basketball programs.

As for the zoobs, they’ve stepped down in top-to-bottom schedule strength, yet they seem to be performing progressively worse.  They did get the win at home vs the Utes in basketball this year, but haven’t beaten Utah in football in 3000 days and consistently finish 3rd or worse in the WCC and obviously sinking in football.  You’d have to be delusional to not see that, but some of them are.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

In fairness, a lot of Utah fans need to read and understand this as well.  I’m looking at you “fire Whit” junkies!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU fans are idiots. The last 4 years, have been the best 4 year stretch in Utah