BYU has chutzpah

Viewing 4 reply threads

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Ever hear the old joke that the definition of chutzpah was killing your parents and then pleading for mercy because you’re an orphan?

I think BYU fans have chutzpah when it comes to all the boasting they’ve done the last month about their schedule. Let’s set aside for a moment that maybe the Nebraska and Boise State wins were not the finest competition and were downright lucky. Here’s what they have left after this Saturday. Connecticut, East Carolina, Cincinnati and Wagner at home, Missouri on a neutral field and then Fresno (H) and Utah State (A).

I’ve heard BYU fans who say that this schedule is tough enough to get them into an NY6 Bowl or even the playoffs. If the Selection Committee has a brain in their collective head, they will pass them by in about 4 seconds.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

NY6? I have no idea. It all depends what the teams ahead of them do I guess. I really doubt it though.

Playoffs (jim mora senior voice)? Not a chance in hell.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

No way will they get into an NY6. I’m afraid they’ll probably have a much better record than I expected though after their two fluky wins where the DBs just stood their and let them catch what were essentially punts.

Cincinnati looks very overrated so far and Mizzou looks atrocious. If they don’t get a helluva lot better the zoobs will beat them in Arrowhead.

God I hope I’m wrong.

Oh well, as long as the Utes keep winning I’m good.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

I think it’s hilarious how the local media is saying how improved Michigan is since they played Utah just 3 short weeks ago. So, if TDS beats them it will be even that much more amazing. As if Utah wasn’t also working off some rust during that game.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by javadave.
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by javadave.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Local Media Formula for Instant Ratings:
        – Do any 1 of the following 4 items, they are listed in order of importance,

1) Praise and Congratulate BYU on any accomplishment, no matter how minor – treat it as if it is unique to BYU;
        2) Discredit allegations, or spin away negative news about BYU, no matter how major – treat it as if it is something every school does;
        3) Discredit any accomplishment Utah is able to do, no matter how major – treat it as if it is a “dime a dozen” type accomplishment;
        4) Compare any favorable news about Utah that is unable to be discredited to something similar that BYU has accomplished, no matter how far back in the past – treat it as if both schools are good, but BYU has been better longer.

And BOOM just like that you have instant SLC Media Market success…

Utah man forever
          Ute Fan
          @uman

The funny thing is that TDS no longer owns the local market and the local media doesn’t even know it.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

You misspelled “female genitalia”

MV
      Ute Fan
      @midnightversion

Michigan is gonna beat them, and all of this NY6 talk will turn into weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU has chutzpah