BYU hires another former Utah player/coach

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Sione Po’uha, former Utah player and defensive line coach. BYU doing everything possible to emulate the success of Utah/Whittingham. Can’t blame them for trying, I guess. 

Sione stepped down as Utah’s defensive line coach last January. His reason at the time was coaching was not conducive to a healthy work/life balance; also said working for Whittingham was “too demanding”.

Well, he’ll like it under Kalani. He runs his football program more like a country club. Essentially the complete opposite of Whittingham.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Is this how Kalani recruits now? Trying to get Po’uha’s son to byu post mish? 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I’d be shocked if they didn’t make a major push for him.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Didn’t he hire Jasen Ah You right before his 4-star Safety son Chaz signed?

Didn’t he hire Jack Damuni while the tdS was making hard pushes for 4-star LB Levani Damuni (nephew), and amid the tdS’ early recruitment of Jack’s 3-star CB son Raider?

There certainly seems to be a history of hiring dads to win over the athlete.  And it’s not just Sitake either.  The Basketball team did it to tamper with Lohner after he’d already signed with Utah.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

James Empey was headed to Utah until his dad got hired at BYU.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Yep!  That’s right!  I’d forgotten about that one.  Seems ybU-p does this so frequently, we’re all already losing track of them.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Utah hoops has its own history of hiring dads of recruits. In reality, it is a widespread practice. 

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Classic KS move.

Sitake won’t demand as much from him as Whittingham did.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Folks I think this is what a coaching tree looks like. Congrats to Pouha. We were just fine.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU hires another former Utah player/coach