BYU played well. The win was not a fluke.

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

BYU outplayed Wisconsin.  I said yesterday that this game would be closer than anyone expected. But, I did not expect this.

Is Wisconsin good?  I don’t know, but I know BYU beat them in the trenches.  I suspect Wisconsin will get manhandled by teams like OSU. 

BYU has developed into a good team from a horrible team. You have to give the coaches credit. 

Now forget about BYU and GO UTES.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Their fans will be insufferable.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Everyday they are. At least this time it is valid. 

RedLine
          Ute Fan
          @redline

I think that’s why it’ll be even worse.  Wasn’t a fluke hail mary win.  

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well when you force your opponent to play so poorly at home. Credit to TDS. I have no idea why they kept up with those pass plays. That QB of theirs tried to act like Peyton Manning at times. Bouncing around throwing his arm around trying to direct plays that didn’t exist. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Their fans were insufferable before the game, nothing was going to change regardless of the outcome.  Now they will be a bit more vocal until they lose again.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Beat a preseason Heisman and a PRESEASON top ten team on the road. Yep Sitake brought them back to where Donko had them. Wisconsin has some depth issues I don’t know much about that team honestly. Be surprised if they finished ranked. The espn guys talked about injuries to their front. I am not trying to downplay what TDS did. Good on them but holy hell it is week three people so much football to play. 

This to me just makes me hate the rankings even more. Coaches and media use it for recruiting and propping up the traditional powers. Also most coaches get a healthy bonus for being ranked week to week. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

They played a good game although Mangum didn’t have great numbers. I’m not a BYU fan but I am a Sitake fan so I’m happy for him. He’s a good guy and I hope he has success there so he can move on to a bigger program and make more money like Bronco did. That said,

Go Utes!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Two years they will be clamoring for Grimes to take over for Sitake. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Two years? Give it two losses. 

Good on BYU today. They came in and got a quality win on the road. I don’t mind their program, like some of their staff, but man, those fans are going to be absolutely awful. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Mangum’s numbers were garbage 12/22 for 89 yards. Wisconsin just got gashed on the ground. And, from what I have read, the jet sweep.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

It looked like Wisconsin had no idea that BYU relied so much on the Jet Sweep or that Wisconsin had ever even seen a Jet Sweep. They were awful defending it for the first 3 quarters.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

That isn’t sustainable.

1 1

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I know some people won’t like what I have to say, but I enjoyed watching this game. Not because I like BYU, but because I just like it when a significant underdog beats another team by playing smashmouth football .I mean Wisc was supposed to dominate the LOS, but they didn’t .

I like Kilani a lot and am happy for him. As for BYU, I don’t like them and I don’t hate them. I just don’t care.  I used to hate BYU about 10 years ago really bad. But hating BYU was affecting my relationship with some co-workers who were BYU fans that I really needed to work well with. And every time BYU won a game I was miserable.  Seriously. I decided that not paying attention to BYU was in my best interest and when I did that I stopped hating them.  They could win and I am happy for my family and BYU friends. Best thing I did was to stop hating them. Not caring about them – if they win or lose – is so much better than when I was p**sed about them winning.  Their fans can brag, as I am sure they will in church tomorrow, and it won’t bother me at all. 

As for their football team, anything can happen when we play them. But I like Utah’s matchup against them. We have many advantages.  They are one-dimensional on offense and Utah can stop that fly sweep they do with Utah’s linebackers and defensive scheme. 

Also, even though BYU just lined up and beat them at the LOS straight up, I still think Wisconsin did a poor job of coaching this game.  It seems they didn’t try to make adjustments .

Micah Montgomery
      Ute Fan
      @bootywrecker

That was a good win although Wisconsin was highly overrated their defense looked worse than Oregon State. Good road win though I like their squad. Their new coach has a nice scheme. I guess their quarterback is like 32 with 4 kids doe 🦕

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU played well. The win was not a fluke.