byu utah 2008

Viewing 3 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I was at that game. I remember thinking before half time, “all BYU has to do is keeping handing the ball off to Harvey Unga and they should win this game.” They stopped feeding him the rock. Then all hell broke loose with Utah running away with it.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I was at the game too and heard one of the best comebacks ever from a very attractive BYU fan.  

Behind us was a somewhat intoxicated couple.  The guy’s brother was taken out by security. He threw up and passed out because he was so drunk.  

The BYU fan was sitting just in front of us.  There had been some banter back and forth throughout the game.  When BYU scored a TD, the BYU fan started jumping up and down and looked back at the couple behind me and said, “Here we come.”  The guy behind us said, “F you.”  Her response was simply, “You wish!”  The guy’s girlfriend went nuts.  I thought she was going to rip her head off.

I thought that was a great comeback.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

That used to be one heck of a rivalry game.   For about a 20-year span there, it was one unbelievable game after another.  It was anyone’s to win.  

Now it’s . . . I don’t know what it is now.  But I wouldn’t mind it one bit if they never played each other again.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

At the very least I think Harlan should only offer them 2 for 1’s. They need the game more than we do so we have the leverage. And if Holmoe doesn’t accept, then we just don’t play them and we can say we tried to make it work.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I don’t think it’s that easy. The state of Utah will require a 1 for 1. They don’t care if Utah is a public school and the TDS shouldn’t be any of their concern. They care about what’s good for the private institution at the expense of the public one.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Loved that game. Max Hall turnovers. Plus that night after the game was a great Coldplay concert that my wife and I enjoyed. It was a great day.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Sounds like a great night, except for the Colplay part. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football byu utah 2008