Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Having watched all of the UW AZ and Utah USC games,

You’re crazy

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

We were in that USC game until the last couple of turnovers. I don’t think we’re as bad as most of you are feeling we are.

We’ve shaken off some rust, our players are further removed from being ill with the ‘rona, and I think Bentley will play better as the starter with the QB1 reps. I’m optimistic.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You’re crazy.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Massey forecasts a sad night in Seattle.

masseyratings.com Utah @ Washington matchup

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

That’s all, call me crazy. 😀

Until we learn to pick up stunts and blitzes it’s not gonna happen. Hope Harding figures it out quickly.

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

………..yeah….you’re crazy. 

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

UW is going to blitz and pressure the hell out of our statue forcing short throws and wuick decisions. Dbs licking their chops. Not optimistic at all

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

I don’t think you are crazy. We still don’t know squat about this Utah team, so neither does Washington. Utah has always matched up with the Huskies well. I think a close game is definalty not out of the question, which could give Utah a shot. 

A big key is most likely how intact the O-line will actually be, as well as how Mr. Covey is feeling. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

If we make some vast improvements and don’t have covid issues affecting key players, we could be in it. Most teams improve signifacntly between week 1 and 2, so we’ll see, I guess. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I like your optimism, but you’re crazy

Wes
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanw

I don’t think you’re crazy. I hope we win and think the Utes are capable. I think a big obstacle is that its the first road trip for a young team

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Fortunately there is no crowd to provide noise when we’re on offense, and pump up the home team after great plays. Home team advantage is much lessened.

GpaScottA
      Ute Fan
      @gpascotta

Just have to see if the Oline shows up. Husky D coaches have to be salivating after watching the USC film

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Washington has talent but not USC / Oregon talent.
      Washington will have to face practiced remedies that were not available last week.
      OL will give up fewer free runs at the QB from practice as a unit.
      Bentley gets 90% of practice reps.
      Adjustments to better get WRs and TEs involved. Practice with slants and TEs moving into space left by blitz.
      RBs understanding blitz pickup is required to be on the field in longer sets.
      Matchups with Utah DBs have less gap and DBs reduce the space in front of them.
      Covey may be a go.
      The Utah D gained confidence.

These are reasons for improvement in week 2. I am having a hard time thinking about factors that are reasons for week 2 to be worse than week 1, so I expect a net improvement. I even think we would play USC better if we played them again this week. Oh, Washington began Utah prep expecting ASU to cancel, as soon as WSU canceled so they do have a day and a half more prep. I expect a much tighter game and view it as a toss up. A big play, turnover, or momentum run can change that but it is just as likely for either team.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

My response…

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

My response…

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Call me crazy, but I think we’ll beat UW