Cam Rising just said

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He is getting closer to a decision. He is getting pressure from the coaches and recruiting staff. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I imagine he is getting a lot of pressure. Dragging out the decision isn’t helpful when a lot is hinging on whether he returns or not. I get that it’s ultimately his choice as to timing, but the coaches and recruiting staff are obviously focused on next year and need him to decide.

I’m guessing he has all the information he needs (NFL projection, Utah players who would return along with him, etc.).

Time to decide, Cam. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes it’s his decision but the coaching staff needs to know so they can plan accordingly. I support him regardless. Just announce your decision. 

Utegator
          Ute Fan
          @utegator

I feel like he’s waiting to see what happens to his draft stock based on his Rosebowl performance. 

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

I can’t imagine it would make any meaningful difference at this point.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Feels like Pro day workouts are the most important thing for 90% of the NFL (Jets and Lions use a oujia board.)

4 1

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

That’s absolutely right. NFL scouts and GMs are not looking at one game’s performance and placing much stock into it. They focus on physical measurables, perceived potential, and body of work (which is why Tanner Mckee will get drafted but Cam won’t). Cam could throw for 500 yds and 6 TDs versus Penn State and it wouldn’t move the needle much. If his entourage is telling him differently, they’re doing him a disservice.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I think Cam could have a very serviceable backup role in the NFL. But it would have to be the right situation, right team etc. I feel like Huntley just got in that perfect spot behind Jackson. Huntley also made the most of his chances.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

^^^Yep. Hopefully that means he has an awesome game. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Waiting this long doesn’t make a lot of sense, unless Whitt and Ludwig haven’t fully decided if they’ll be coming back after a RoseBowl W?  

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

There are components of NIL that are still being developed.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising just said