Can I just reiterate that I was really impressed with Phillips

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know enough about football to know if he was the one who screwed up on that long pass play with the blown coverage they had toward the end of the third quarter (I think that’s when it was, that game went on for so long its kind of all a mess in my head rn). It looked to me like he was guarding someone else, then came up to make the tackle anyway.

He did a great job on man to man coverage, and was also huge in the run game. He has definitely improved since last year, and he’ll be one of the greats when he’s done at Utah.

3 2

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I feel like you starting out all your posts with “I don’t know enough about football to know” is a great idea!

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

well, it’s true… I know enough to know what good/bad looks like as it relates to individual and group performances, but I know next to nothing about who gets what assignment and when.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Don’t worry, none of us do, but on the internet it’s very important that we all look like the expert in all things! It’s a life lesson to live by. 🙂

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

LOL, yeah… I’m not worried about it. If I was, why would I keep posting? I’m definitely not insecure enough about my football knowledge that I would pretend to know more than I actually do.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s hard to know who’s fault it was without knowing the play call and who had what assignment. Really, only the players or coaches know that.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Phillips played a very good game. I think you are talking about the play where he missed a tackle on the west sideline leading up to the missed FG. On that play the WR was catching a short pass on the sideline with Phillips over the top. As Phillips closed, he played to tip the pass and missed. Given his spot, I would guess that the coaches would tell him he should have played for the tackle. If you break off from the tackle play for the tip play, you must make the tip or give up a bunch of after the catch yards.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Can I just reiterate that I was really impressed with Phillips