Can we let Whitt enjoy the moment?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Goodness, can the local media allow Whitt and all of us to enjoy the moment.  The Trib is fresh out of things to report so they let us know Whitt has not told his boss he has plans to retire.  The many times he has addressed the question is not enough.  Maybe there are those in the local media that just can’t let the U to enjoy sucess unless it comes to the Y as well.  Checketts on AM 700 also continues to indicate he keeps hearing speculation about Whitt’s retirement, however, it does not seem to come from the Ute camp, only media hacks trying to intorduce worry.  Whitt will retire someday, likely not soon, but even if soon why in the world would we get concerned now and miss enjoying all the positive energy around the team currently?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Zoobs want Whitt to retire because he owns them. 

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Zoobs HATE Whit because he’s a bad a$&.

Jim McMahon
        Ute Fan
        @icomeinpeace

I can confirm that this is 100% true. He has absolutely owned us and yes, we’d love for him to retire. 

I have so much respect for him. He’s been such a great coach, built your program with an identity of toughness, owned the rivalry, and had incredible postseason success. We’re mostly just jealous we didn’t get him. 

3 2

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

There are two things I hate about this board 1) Too many posts about BYU / Cougarboard. 2) complaining about local media. The latter is completely irrational and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of what the media’s job is.

Otherwise, this board is awesome.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Have you ever found a board that doesn’t do this? I kind of feel like message boards are healthiest when we allow a variety of posts; participate in the ones you want, don’t participate in the others. Otherwise, we end up reducing the amount of posts and, in turn, reducing participation.

I feel like we should tolerate most things, except intolerance and hateful stuff. Just my $0.02.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

And the 3rd worst thing is people making posts that complain about other people’s posts.  Sorry, couldn’t resist. Don’t take it personal LOL. 

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Haha. I carefully worded my reply so as to not be a complaint 😀.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Odd occurrences in sports media reports are often looked at in context related to the local rival. I have lived in the Stanford/Cal, Az/ASU, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State footprints and I believe it is quite common to comment/tease/complain about a rival. But I can understand it can be annoying to folks with duel interests. Calling out media when it makes no sense, I believe, is universal everywhere I have been. I believe it improves media because without critical feedback or what some may feel is accountability, reporting would have much less quality. When either becomes overload, I just try to move on. Still, I agree with you in that it would be nice to have a media outlet that was Utah focused without topics of little interest to me.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

if the media improves every time someone rightly complains about them, how come it is still so gawdawful?

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Imagine what you would have if no one complained. My question was more how many times do they need the answer from Whitt himself? Are there too many roses in the Utah story this year?

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

I’ve seen it in it’s previous form which was known as Pravda. Currently, each network only speaks to its own bias with little to no regard for ratings and/or truth.

I ask again, how much lower can urinalism get?

Calling out media when it makes no sense, I believe, is universal everywhere I have been. I believe it improves media because without critical feedback or what some may feel is accountability, reporting would have much less quality.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can we let Whitt enjoy the moment?