Can Whitt outfox Petersen?

Viewing 3 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Our players have successfully competed against some star-studded teams. In that sense, I’m not worried about the likes of Gaskins and Adams. The factor that makes UW dangerous is Petersen. He’s a premier coach (Whitt’s words), and a sly one at that.

Smash mouth football will keep it close, but won’t be enough. To win, we ought to give Petersen a taste of his own medicine.

We know that Whitt can be plenty crafty himself if he decides to (2015 @ UO anyone?). Can he outfox Petersen, though? I think he can. He almost did in 2017.

We are only ONE win away from our first ever Rose Bowl appearance. Throw the kitchen sink at them, and emerge victorious. Is there a better way to celebrate 125 years of Utah football?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Historically this has not happened.

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

I’d feel better if the Utes had a few weeks to prepare for the game.  Whit has a great record in bowl games when he has lots of time to prepare.  I’m a little nervous that we are going into the game on a short week.

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Well, besides the last time he played a Peterson coached team in the Vegas Bowl. 😉

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

According to Kyle right after the tds game, they already had a game plan for UW. To me this translates that the coaches were looking ahead last week. That doesn’t really make me mad, but for what a debacle the first 3/4 of the tds game was, this UW game plan better be a damn good one.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you look more closely at the games, two of them emerge. One, the Las Vegas Bowl, was just a complete player driven debacle. Shaky Smithson fumbled a KR that resulted in a Boise TD, and dropped a certain TD in the EZ. Devonte Christopher also fumbled into the hands of a Boise player who returned the TD. The second one is where the game was in the bag in Seattle when Kyle outsmarted himself. (This is when I first started thinking that Kyle had to go.)

Kyle can get it done if he gets out of his own way. 

Brichaute49
        Ute Fan
        @brichaute49

Plus in Vegas wasn’t that with Terrance Cain at qb?  Just didn’t get it done. 

Brichaute49
          Ute Fan
          @brichaute49

Also we did beat W up there in 2015 when Browning and Gaskin were freshman. We match up well with them. Close game. 24-21 Utes. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Wasn’t his fault. The receivers did nothing to help him. I wanted to strangle Smithson and Christopher, I was so p**sed. I can only imagine how Kyle and Andy  felt. Cain was a severely underrated Ute. 

Brichaute49
            Ute Fan
            @brichaute49

Wasn’t that the year we also went to South Bend?

Anonymous
              Inactive

Yup. Another Smithson fumbled KR. 

Brichaute49
                Ute Fan
                @brichaute49

Ah Shakey. I don’t know how you remember all those things. I do now that you mentioned them but I can barely remember what happened last Sat. Lol

Distantute
                  Ute Fan
                  @distantute

I think we win.  Been the better team the last 3 times and lost.  Still get upset about some of the losses (tonga fumbling running in for td, all the drops, the barton pick called back because of a terrible targeting call … and thats just this year).  Just need to come out aggressive and shelley has to make his throws (the underthrow to dixon and mariner both would have been tds) and special teams cant be as bad as they were last week

Brichaute49
                    Ute Fan
                    @brichaute49

I have never been much of a whiner but lest we forget, W is one of the ‘premiere’ programs of the conference so we are going to have to deal with some questionable calls. Just like in the game earlier this season. So given that we will have to watch our P’s and Q’s. I still believe we have enough to win. We have always played them tough, (even earlier when our offense was still trying to find itself).  So I believe we will come out on top. This is our time. One of those special teams and years. I can already smell 🌹 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can Whitt outfox Petersen?