Casualties of a 9PM start

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I go to the games with my dad and aunt. They’re not exactly “young.”  I just called to find out our plan for tomorrow, but they are going to bail because the game starts at 9.  Made me think about how I’ll not be enjoying Friday morning after getting home after mindinight, so I’ll probably bail too and watch it at home so I can go to bed right after, rather than dealing with traffic.

So hats off to whoever scheduled the late game.  I’m sure we’re not the only ones who won’t be there.  Guess I’ll be in chat tomorrow!

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I will be there but I’m single and can afford to be a selfish sOB

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Imagine if it was an 11pm start on a weekday… Not sure Im gonna stay up for this one.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

I remember the days in college when we were the midnight (ET) ESPN game on Monday – didn’t start until 10pm. Late nights, but it was college, so walking back to Van Cott Hall wasn’t too bad afterward.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yep I went to all of those ESPN Monday late nighters back then.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Those were a lot of fun. Great atmosphere. We we a fixture on Monday nights for a long time. Made for a long Tuesday at work but it was worth it. 

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

I plan on being there even though it is a late start. GO UTES!

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

I’ll be there, and bringing a couple of friends from tickets that a neighboring ticket holder knew he wouldn’t use for such a late tip off. And I also turned down four other tickets from a neighbor who doesn’t want to make the trip so late.

The late tip, mixed with the deflated enthusiasm of a likely NIT year will reduce the numbers tonight, I’m sure.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Casualties of a 9PM start