Chance for back to back Rose Bowl games was all I hoped for this season

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

but we also get a chance to ruin the playoff hopes for U$C, and beat them twice, in the season that they bailed on the Pac 12.

What else can you ask for? LETS GO

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

A loss in the CCG may not kick us out of the Rose Bowl. If it is a close game that is highly rated that is a big plus for Utah. The Rose Bowl very much want’s a team that will run with OSU and keep viewers. Washington has only played in a single big game this year, Utah will have played in 3. Assuming ranked teams. Utah could be considered more tested. It is a negative that Utah was there last year but it is a positive that Utah ran with OSU and held the viewers throughout the game. I am an optimist however.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I think it will.  The Rose Bowl will most likely prefer a 10-2 UWa team to a 9-4 Utah team, and especially considering the fact that UWa will be the higher ranked team.  And seeing as how both Utah and UWa (and Ore) tied with 7-2 conference record, there really won’t be any demands that the bowl selection committee will need to justify that decision.

I predict that if Utah loses, (1) USC goes to the CFP, (2) UWa goes to the Rose, and (3) Ore goes to the Alamo.  The Holiday will choose either Utah or UCLA, and the Las Vegas will get who the Holiday passes on.

The Holiday has traditionally shown a preference for inviting “California” teams ahead of the non-CA programs in this league, but there might be some bad blood lingering from last year, when UCLA backed out of the Holiday Bowl on way too short of notice for the bowl organizers to find a replacement, so they lost a ton of money on that deal.

Between Utah and UCLA, Utah will have posted the better conference record, but UCLA beat us head-to-head.  So this could go either way.  Best we make it easier on the bowl committees by beating USC Friday night, and return to the Rose Bowl on Jan. 2nd.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chance for back to back Rose Bowl games was all I hoped for this season