Change my mind! We didn’t pass block well because…

Viewing 1 reply thread

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

We didn’t open up the playbook in the first three games enough to even know that we were weak or had work to do in pass protection?

Utah may not have the best talent for high level consistent pass blocking right now, I get that, Utah has some road graders. But how do we develop the pass blocking? I’d like to see Utah go Max pass protect and allow Huntley and the O-line to get some confidence reading the defense holding their blocks until a receiver comes open. Max pass protect sets also allow you to run the ball in the power run game. Just my armchair opinion.

4 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

New OL coach. Seems to me that pass protection has always been subpar under Harding.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

I did not predict our Utes to lose to SC, but I did think our ranking/capability was suspect. As I had previously posted, I was surprised to see how frequently ISU’s d-line/LB got through our sieve of an o-line; fortunately, Moss and Huntley were able to avoid them. However, clearly, against USC, it was a different story.

Every time I read about the stats people were highlighting/quoting on this site from our first three games, I just wanted to laugh. We were ranked #? in total defense or ranked #? in total whatever. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I’ll take 1.5 sacks against USC any day. O line wasn’t a problem.

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

To each’s own. I look at more than just # of sacks.

1 1

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

it really has. Harding is a good coach who does things well but we never have the same pocket you often see on actually good offenses

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Really m the ate no stats to spat this. Utah regularly is in the bottom quarter if the league in sacks allowed and the top quarter in rushing. Harding is damn good. Secondary and out “best d-line ever” lost the game.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

you can gameplan to avoid sacks. Other than that no i have no stats to back it and could have bias skewing my perception

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Change my mind! We didn’t pass block well because…