Chantel Jennings and Ted Miller dropped by ESPN

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess they will have even less Pac-12 coverage now.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Going to focus on conferences that they feature in Saturday games?

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

I’m not sure this is only a PAC12 issue.  It sounds like ESPN has had big cutbacks all over.  It will be interesting to see what ESPN does after they let go of so much of their “talent”.  

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

For the on-air stuff perhaps they’ll have two people at a desk doing “analysis” instead of 3-4, which sometimes was overkill.  What might suffer is the online reporting, which is odd because one analysis of what was being done said they were cutting staff to recognize trends in the industry (i.e. more people looking at stuff online, on-demand, team-specific, etc, instead of waiting for what they wanted to hear about during SportsCenter and the like).  So maybe some of the on-air staff will be put to work to write blurbs for the Interwebs ala Ted Miller, in which case they better be as good at writing and investigating as having a pretty face for teevee.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Every major conference had some cuts. The Big Ten blog lost nearly their entire staff. Two SEC beat writers as well.

Its strange because I consume tons of ESPN’s written content and very little of their tv content.

Also really enjoyed Rusillo & Kanell. I am sad to see they got cut.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Lombardi as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Chantel Jennings and Ted Miller dropped by ESPN