Chip Kelly to UCLA?

Viewing 4 reply threads

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

They announced on 1280 that he’s going to UCLA. However, here is a article that was taken down. So maybe somebody is jumping the gun too fast and it isn’t final yet. Hope not. Hope he goes to Florida. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Yeah, I do not want him at UCLA.  We don’t need them being one of the tougher teams in the conference.  I hope Florida offers more and he chases the $$.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Sounds like rumors are flying around. But it seems nothing is in writing yet. 

I hope he goes elsewhere and UCLA hires somebody who runs a pro style offense. I think the Utes match up better with pro style rather than Chip Kelly style. 

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

He’s flamed out his last two gigs.  Here’s hoping the magic is gone and that it wasn’t just an NFL thing.

stonguse
        Ute Fan
        @stonguse

His NFL problems:

You can’t run a QB in the NFL like you can in college. They’re too valueable so instead of adjusting his offense, he’d run option concepts where the QB never kept the ball.

You can’t play at the same tempo in the NFL. They refs will stand on the ball to some extent.

Because you can’t run at an insane tempo in the NFL, it’s easier for a defense to not get caught and his plays started to get scouted. 

Jumpmasterute
          Ute Fan
          @jumpmasterute

This! ^^^

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I have noticed they sit on the ball in college now to more. I can remember quite a few games where they allowed Utah’s opponents to sub even though Utah didn’t. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

signs are pointing that way. Florida made a public trip to his home, but no press conference was scheduled afterwards. Days later UCLA pulls the trigger on Mora, and the next day Florida suddenly expands their coaching list. Sounds like Chip would rather coach in the pac-12 again.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chip Kelly to UCLA?