Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

2 of the 4 picking Utes in the playoff

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

woooo

One has us in the championship. This has gotten out of control. Rose Bowl would be nice, but bottom line is sky is the limit if the team just wins week to week.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

PAC-12 in general getting some love. Washington and Oregon don’t have very easy schedules. 

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

wow im even more surprised that all of them had a pac 12 team in there

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Utes at 3 TWICE! That is pretty surprising. 

5 1

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

I just can’t go there yet…

At this point I feel Utah is about the same as last year. the lost a lot at LB and OLine but brought back the Dline,QB and RB. pretty much a wash.

The problem with putting Utah in with the Clemsons,Bama,Georgia’s is that these teams have 4 stars in the three deep. Just a few injuries to the Utes makes this nearly impossible to think playoffs let alone PAC12 championship.    

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

I will say this…

MSU made the playoffs a few years ago (got blown out by bama) and they recruit just slightly better then the Utes…. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Easy now whitless, you almost just rationalized the possibility of the Utes being a playoff team…

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

That was the year that Utah was ranked #3 then USC interceptions, UA OT loss, UCLA Field Goal fest, and injuries to Dimick, Booker, Norris and others sidelined the season… Would love to have a redo on that year. MSU had no business being in the playoffs.

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

If I remember, MSU got thru the season pretty healthy… and lucky  

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

I bet you’re a f**king blast at parties.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The big difference is schedule. Utah’s was insanely hard and they went 9-3. 

This year they have two starting level QB’s, and insanely easy schedule. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Utah can win with Shelley but starting caliber is a stretch.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

You say this s**t all the time. Clemson doesn’t have a 4 star guy on the three deep. It’s just not true unless they are a 4 star flop that can’t play.

Clemson landed eight 4 start guys in 2018, if they could replicate that every year they would have 32 max…if nobody weren’t pro after jr year. 22 – 26 sarters x 3 = you’re full of s**t as usual.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

This preseason has been unreal, that makes how many national pundits that have picked Utah to make the CFP? I don’t know how accurate all of their track records are, but I do know the most accurate over the last decade (https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/cpstcn/ama_pick_six_previews/ewsr54z?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share) also picked us to make it so, hold on tight I guess?

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Utah is perennially one of the most undervalued teams in all of college football.

I guess we can put that to rest.  

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I really want this to be true, but I honestly don’t see it.  If we had a top tier offensive line, I would have already drunk the kool-aide and asked for more.  Also, with the loss of Bowen, LB is thinner that we need.  We have taken a big hit at the LB position.  2 super studs graduated, and we have unexpectedly lost three other guys since last season ended.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Oline isn’t the biggest issue imo. Like Onlyu has said before Fotheringham and Kuithe at TE will be big helps in the blocking schemes.

I think it is depth and experience at LBer and lack of experience behind the ones at DB. Also I am still not sold on the Wideouts. We will know right away if we see stupid ass drops. 

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

really strange why Utah can’t recruit top knock LB high school players.  Always the “Rudys” or transfers.

And before you jump on me…Hansen was a QB

1 1

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

More strange that you haven’t fallen into a deep depression and driven your car off a cliff yet, given your persistent negative outlook on everything. Guess utehub is your outlet?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Really only missing a single guy at LB. When bernard played last year he was very good. Carlson looks promising. I like the way he plays and as a joco guy he’s played a lot of games. If we see lloyd start over Carlson that erupts be a good sign.

Brunging back 3 of 5 on the Oline with a fourth that saw time isn’t bad at all. If Bam can get up to speed, they could be very good.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.