No surprise, but still a bummer. 

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

yes it is

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

It’s nice to be in the top 3, 4, and 5 of these elite kids’ school choices. Utah would not have been in his top 4 a few years ago – but at some point, we NEED to start landing some of these kids.

I realize we got J. Tuttle and that is amazing. But I really, really want a few elite receivers. 

3 9

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Landing these types of players is easy….JUST WIN. (see TCU for proof)

These players will come if you start winning the important games. Until then, expect the usual JUCOs or low three star Polys.

But who cares right? star rankings is FAKE NEWS. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Find one post where anyone said star rankings are fake news. I’ll wait. 

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I’m so glad you’re here with all the answers. TCU is located in Dallas Ft. Worth area of Texas > SLC, Utah and K-Whitt is a defense guy…so your derogatory comments toward Whitt when a receiver commits to 3 time National champ are weak.

KJU
            Ute Fan
            @kjute

Quick, someone tell Kyle this secret to getting recruits! “Just Win”. Wow, some kind of insight.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I would argue that we are landing these types of players.
          Bryan Thompson was a high 4 star recruit last year. Top 25 National WR. Will have a big role next year. Still a couple of 4 star wideouts in play that we can possibly land as well.
          Boyd (top 5 in Texas) and Hampton were high 3 or 4 star gets depending on the ranking service. The last few years we’ve beaten Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon, USC, UCLA, etc. for kids who are already here. We’ve done the same thing this year as well. Tuttle will bring in more before he’s done I can assure you. If the offense plays as well as we think it will next year that will start happening next Fall.

Olave was never coming here…He considered Utah because of Tuttle but was always going to OSU or staying home at UCLA.

Winning helps…I agree that we probably get a kid or two we might have missed on this year but it wouldn’t be crazy significant. No debating that a title would give us a boost but our avg star rating will end up in the upper 20’s or low 30’s. We don’t have room for a big class so we don’t get the high total but as I’ve mentioned before…Covey, Boyd and Tufua are a few additions to this year’s roster who weren’t available last year. 3 starters – Soph and 2RS Frosh. Add some mission/RS kids to what’s still left to come and it’s a class that rivals last year’s ranking.

3 5

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

So much this. Our fans are weird. No matter what Utah does, it is not enough. 

And then they wonder why everyone thinks this state is so weird and they wonder why Whitt has such a hard time convincing kids that we are normal. 

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Good points. It’s true that things have been improving and we have landed a few elite recruits.

32utahutes
            @32utahutes

Right. Only way Olave ends up at Utah is if UCLA and OSU didn’t offer a scholarship and we were his best option. I think he would’ve ended up at UCLA, but they just took Hurt and have already signed 4 WR. Ohio State has signed 1. I’m happy for him.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I agree. We need one or two to start falling our way. If next year is successful, coupled with GA’s salesmanship, I think we’ll get one or two. 

3 13

User Suspended
      @a2ute

He kwhitt.  Coffees for closers.

2 1

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Are you this irrational outside of football also?  The fact that you think we should be recruiting with the likes of USC, UCLA, Texas etc is a joke.  Our recruiting is on par with teams like Maryland, Kentucky(ours is lower), Vandy, Colorado, Texas Tech etc and our staff gets more out of our player than a lot of similar programs .  The fact we go to bowl games and win up to 10 games a year is impressive.  Our program is still building and will take awhile to get name recognition like the big programs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s disappointing, but not devastating. If we want these kids to come to Utah we have to start winning games. We don’t have “alternate” recruiting draws like the other schools in our conference.

We don’t have an Adult Entertainment course study program like USC and ASU.
      We don’t have a Cannabis course study like CU, UO, OSU, WSU and UW.
      We’re not a bastion of hot Asian chicks like UCLA and Cal.
      We don’t pay as much as UA does.
      Finally, we’re not Stanford.

If we want guys we have to win games to get them.
      We’re almost as weird as the zoo in the eyes of these kids. We have to overcome all of these challenges by winning.

4 2

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I don’t disagree. Just for fun, what do we have that sets us apart from other p5 schools? 

An NFL pipeline 

Continuity at head coach

A team first atmosphere – 123 family!

A permanent chip on our shoulders, an underdog mentality

Bad ass punters

Crown burger

In all seriousness though, it would be awesome if #1 and #2 made more of an impact as they are true strengths of ours. 

Any others? 

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

Tell me more about the hot Asian chicks.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Google is your friend, well, maybe not in this instance.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chris Olave to Ohio State.