Clay Helton will be fired

Viewing 5 reply threads

utefan12
      @utefan12

I’m pretty positive that Clay Helton is out of a job come Monday morning, or even as early as Sunday night. Screw USC #GoUtes

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

The interim SC AD already said Helton will finish the season. So he will likely not be fired until 3 secs after their last game.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

After SC loses to UCLA.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Helton will finish the seaon. But it’s clear he’s done. SC is kicking the tires on Urban, right now it’s all about whether Urabn is interested. Hes plan 1/2/3. Helton is done though, I think SC loses to ASU sat anyways, ASU coming off two loses had a buy week last week and is tough in Tempe.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Agreed. Urban probably gets paid enough to run out the season on TV and punting Helton after last night doesn’t really chance much now on the arc of their season (except they’d have to pay him to not work). I suspect within 12 hours of the end of the UCLA game they make the announcement.

gothamute
        Ute Fan
        @gothamute

There is NO WAY they fire Helton until the end of the season. The new University President was just inaugurated in September. The new AD got hired *yesterday*. This is the most public/important hire that either of them will sign off on, and there is no way they are going to rush it / create chaos this late in the season when it won’t have any impact whatsoever… plus the players love Helton so they don’t want them tanking the season out of spite.

But yes, the morning after the UCLA game he’s done.

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

My biggest fear is if Urban takes the HC job at SC, does he come after Morgan Scalley to be his DC?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Clay Helton will be fired