Coach K

Viewing 3 reply threads
      10 1

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

please everyone stop with the Pope for the next coaching job! 

no byu homers please!

4 5

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I’d take Pope for sure. Come win at Utah, no problem for me. I think he can recruit too. But I’d probably take Craig Smith first. Utah St hadn’t gone to the tourney since 2011 and now they’ve gone 3 straight years. The Utah St job is probably 5th best job in that conference behind San Diego St, UNM, Nevada, Boise? Smith will play a better defensive player over an offensive player and his kids buy in on defense and rebounding and they love him as a coach, so much energy.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Goodness, with what we are going thru this must be an upgrade.  What in the world would encourage you to believe Pope or Smith could have success in the Pac 12?  Either would clearly take us backwards.  When you play many non competitive games and get up for the occasional big game it is nothing like playing in a league where every single team is a challenge and a grind.  We went thru that in the MWC and noted the shocking change when we moved to the Pac.  Do you really think either would be hired by another Pac team?

I sat behind the Y’s bench when they came to the Hunty Pope’s first year.  I watched the antics from his team, watched his interest and desire in sportsmanship, the two or three willing to shake hands at the end, and Pope’s baszar comments following the game.  He would have to be quite the winner to allow me to disregard my self respect to get behind that guy.

With a once a decade reset, we must shoot higher, much higher.

2 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

What if I told you he’s married to Lynn Archibald’s daughter?

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

What if I told you he’s married to Lynn Archibald’s daughter?

My response…no thanks, he is still a byu homer

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m not a fan of the guy. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.