Coach Prime

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 4

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

He’s going to change the dynamics of western football recruiting as we we know it. And I’m enamored. USC f**ked up. 

4 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Meh… If he doesn’t win football games, nobody will care. If they suck this coming year, he’s doomed.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

He’s going to outrecrecruit the USC coach. What bed are you sleeping in? Meh my ass

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Get off the sauce or go be a Buffs fan.

You and your drunken sh*tposting… SMH

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I fear that Coach Prime will be outrecruiting OUR coaches.  I love that CU will be more competitive — as we need more competitive teams in our conference.  But part of the drawbacks to getting better coaches = other teams cutting into our recruiting pipelines.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Is he coming?

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I guess he’s made it clear, he’s coming. I went to FSU when he was there. Loudmouth, but, definitely backs it up. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Herm Edward’s 2.0

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Not even close. Herm was never a good coach or recruiter. You guys have no idea. USC messed up by leaving. UCLA probably coming back.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Clearly, he could play.  He also relates very well to young athletes.  I expect that at a P5 he will be a very successful recruiter.  The media will be drawn to him.  The mistery in my mind is can he coach and administer at this level?  Another big factor for coaches that is not talked about, can he help players stay out of trubble?  No question, it will be fun to watch his next chapter.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

He may be a good coach but at this point I just can’t imagine anyone succeeding there. 

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Colorado probably has a bigger trophy case than Utah. And Coach Prime gan outrecrecruit everyone in the PAC12, sadly. 

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

We should just end our football program. It sounds useles to continue after your persuasive comments.

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Not suggesting this, but USC leaving a huge mistake. My posts have nothing to disrespect the Utah program, and actually highlighting that this conference will be stronger, even with USC leaving.

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

USC could outrecruit everyone every year for the past 10 years. How has that worked out? Deion needs to put together a strong staff, and be properly supported by the school, otherwise he may not reach the lofty heights you are insinuating. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Meh…so he was a winner in the SWAC. Big deal. It takes a hell of a lot more than just recruiting to build a winner. USC routinely had Top 15 recruiting classes under Clay Helton and they were a dumpster fire. Also, in order to be a success, Sanders has to convince blue-chippers from the south (his area of expertise) to move their butts to the frozen tundra of Boulder. Good luck competing with all of the P5 programs in the SEC/ACC/Big 12 for those guys. I’m not saying that it’s impossible that he’ll be a success, just that I’ll believe it when I see it. By the way, Sanders doesn’t even come close to Herm Edwards’ shoes as a coach. Herm Edwards is a guy who was the head coach of not one, but two (Jets and Chiefs) NFL franchises and took them to the playoffs multiple times. Comparing Herm with a dude that’s coached three seasons in an FBS program is a gross insult to Herm.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Meh LOL Herm was a failure as coach at all levels. And a cheater. Stop with all the meh

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You went to FSU when Sanders was there? I went to Miami at the same time and loved beating FSU and ruining Bowden’s championship hopes…regarding Edwards, brother you’re straight-up trolling comparing a guy who’s only coached three seasons at the FCS level to a guy that had two extremely high-profile NFL jobs. Can you see Sanders as an NFL coach? Yeah, me neither. That should tell you all you need to know.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Let’s hope he teaches them to tackle like he used to. 🙂

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

A few observations from Denver.

1. Everyone is excited about Coach Prime. Most excitement since Russell Wilson, that’s what the sports guy said last night. Then said, “This one has to turn out better.”

2. AFLAC – I don’t care how many years of coaching Prime has, he is all over, and has charisma.

3. I know this may not be popular but Coach Prime is going to shoot up to top 10, maybe top 5 recruting classes. Do some forget he landed the #1 recruit last year to play in the SWAC. You telling me he can’t 4.  recruit at this same level.

4. Coaching – he has had the added benefit of MLB, NFL and Bobby Bowden. I’m sure he’s got connections and even if all he does is recruit and manage, assistant coaches are going to flock to work with him. Good ones.

5. Did I say he is bigger than life. I can only think of two coaches in P5 right now who are all over TV ads, and I’ll give you a hint. They are both in the same commercials. Wonder if Nick Saban is going to regret allowing Prime into those ads. But no way did he know what would happen a couple years later. 

6. He has been telling 5 star and 4 star recruits for a couple weeks to hold off on committing in the transfer portal. He was already stocking the cupboard before he was even hired. Anyone who can get recruits to “wait” until he’s landed somewhere is going to be an amazing recruiter. Did I mention he landed the #1 recruit to the SWAC. He could sell ice cubes to Eskimos, sorry Indigenous Alaskans. If he surrounds himself with a halfway competent staff he’ll win 9 games a season. 

If I had to say right now I’d say Colorado will win no less than 8 games next year AND be about 4th in the Pac. Behind Oregon, Utah, and Washington. If Penix stays. USC next year, who will they be? I like where Utah is right now, solid program with four straight CCG appearances. And winners of the last two. But next year will be tougher to make the CCG IMO. 

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Penix announced he is coming back. Williams also has to spend another year so I’m not sure why you think USC would take a step back.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Can’t tell if serious….

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

No disrespect, but it sounds like someone has bought into the hype hook, line, and sinker. Sure, Sanders got the presumptive #1 recruit to go to Jackson State. That’s just one guy. Anyone else of note? In addition, and unlike Riley at USC, Sanders is starting at ground zero with his roster. Sure, USC sucked under Helton but they were still pulling in Top 15 recruiting classes. In addition, Boulder isn’t what you call a “destination” and I think it’ll be tougher to convince recruits to go there than LA, Oregon, Seattle, or even Salt Lake City. Lastly, how long does anyone think that Sanders, a guy from Fort Myers, FL, stays at Colorado? I’m betting that, if he does have immediate success in Boulder, he’ll be good as gone in a couple of years to an SEC or ACC program with much deeper pockets and better placed for recruiting and onfield success.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.