Coach Prime

Viewing 7 reply threads

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

ICYMI, Deion Sanders is the new coach at Colorad9. I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on how this is going to go?

Personally I think it’s going to be either a smashing success or an utter disaster. I can’t envision any other outcome.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

He should be able to recruit and he knows how to put in the hard work. Anything is better than where they were this year so I guess it’s a good way for the Buffs to attempt a quicker than usual turnaround. 

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Wish he’d been hired at Stanford.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

He ain’t SWAC. That’s for certain.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

The question will be if the administration get behind him. Deion is about Deion. He wants what’s best for him no necessarily what’s best for the kids or the program. I’m sure CU boosters will jump on board. They get some big recruits and transfers. He a big name coach trying to find success at a school that has had success for more than 20 years or culture to build from. It’s going to take time, patience, and persistence to do it. Is Deion that guy? Will he give them 10 years to build it right or will he buy a team try for a couple 10 win seasons and jump? I foresee the latter.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

He’s going to need to get used to lattes and patagonia gear.

Crow
          Ute Fan
          @crow

Why with Dieon what major brand won’t beat down their door?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I like Deion and I think that he’ll recruit well but it’s quite a jump to go from Jackson State and the SWAC to Colorado and the PAC 12. When you play at the FCS level, and if you have exponentially better athletes than the competition, it’s easier to win just by consistently playing to your strengths. Also, Colorado is such a different environment from where he’s been. All of his recruiting connections are in the SE. I’m going to be interested in seeing how that translates to Colorado. Ideally, I would have liked to see him at Auburn but I have to think that they had some reservations about his experience and coaching at the toughest football conference in the USA. I also think, because he is a South Florida guy, that as soon as he demonstrates consistent success with the Buffs, he’ll be gone to a P5 program closer to that area, maybe a Georgia Tech, an Arkansas, or a Mississippi State…

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Meh. All hype.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

This conference needs all the hype it can get right now. 

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

I just can’t figure out for the life of me why any coach would accept the Colorado job. Take a gander back at their coaches over the last decade – it’s a mess. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.