Coach Whittingham and the Rivalry

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

One thing that has come out of this particular rivalry week is that a lot of the players have mentioned that some people on the coaching staff get really fiery about the rivalry. That isn’t something that I was aware of previously. Not only that, but several players have said that Coach Whittingham is very out spoken about the rivalry. I don’t know if its just player hyperbole or if some of the players are a little loose lipped this year.

There has been a lot of Utah players talking and I just hope they can back up that talk this Saturday.

1 1

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I have t se n anything over the top of anyhing that wasn’t done during a media event.  So far I think our players have handled it appropriately. I think what you’re referencing is their candidness when asked questions?

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Yeah exactly. Nothing over the top. Nothing that can necessarily be “motivational board material”. 

I think the team just has a lot of swagger & confidence which is great, but they’ve seen way more forthcoming with their comments than in years past.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Joe Silverzweig made a good point on Twitter. The last of the players to lose to byu-P graduated in 2012, so the only people who even remember that are the coaches.

Players like Tyler Huntley, Zach Moss, Siaosi Wilson, etc., were still in elementary school the last time we lost to byu…

UM4G
        Ute Fan
        @um4g

Players like Tyler Huntley, Zach Moss, Siaosi Wilson, etc., were still in elementary school the last time we lost to byu…

This… makes my head hurt, and makes me feel older than I really am.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

If you want to really feel old, check out these little chestnuts:

The last time byu beat Utah by double digits was:
          – the week after Bob Dole lost the presidential election.
          – before the DJIA passed 6,500.
          – the month after Tupac Shakur was murdered.
          – the season in which the Big 12 was established.
          – 3 years before the MWC was established.
          – 3 months after Tiger Woods’ professional debut.
          – America Online was the undisputed king of the internet.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

(Forum note to Tony: I edited this post using Shift-Enter at the end of each line, and in the thread view mode it is single-spaced. When I view it in the Expanded view it shows a double space between each line. I don’t know whether or not this helps you find the formatting gremlin.)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coach Whittingham and the Rivalry