Coaching changes

Viewing 3 reply threads

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

I am of the opinion that we NEED a legitimate QB coach, somebody that’s played the position and knows how to develop and improve players at that position.  In 4 years, Travis Wilson’s side arm throwing motion was never corrected.  Wilson was an Elite 11 QB recruit and we did nothing to develop him.  We have Huntley in the wings, a Gatorade Player of the Year, and we can’t afford to have him stagnate or regress.  Scott Mitchell, Brian Johnson, I don’t really have a strong preference as to who comes in to fill that void, but we need an experienced QB coach.

Hans Olsen.  I’d like to see him as our O-line coach.  If Harding takes over the OC reigns (ARod gets fired, demoted, leaves for another school again) then Harding can coach tight ends and Hans can take the O-line.  Regardless, I’d like to see Hans on staff in some capacity.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

You had me until Hans. 

He’s a radio jockey.  Look we are a PAC-12 team, we no longer give people a shot in the business – we are a promotion in the business.  

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

If you have ever seen his video analysis you may feel differently.  He’s actually very good at identifying what players are doing right and wrong.  whether he can teach or not, who knows.

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

I’ve seen the videos.  But coaching is more than seeing and explaining.  It’s teaching and recruiting.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Idk check out this film breakdown

Hans is a great radio personality. Maybe he can coach, but I doubt it. 

Benx33
      Ute Fan
      @benx33

I just heard Scott Mitchell on with Bill Riley on ESPN 700 just two hours ago. He was practically pleading with Utah to let him coach Troy. 

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

Yeah, they replayed that during my drive home this evening. I would love to see Scott Mitchell come be the QB coach. Not sure who you get rid of to fit him in ( I think you have to give Arod one more year with Troy), but I do think we need to give Scott a chance.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Mark Helfrich is now available. 😉

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

I know you are joking, but the joke kind of illustrates the frustration with Utah on offense. It comes back to having zero offensive identity. It’s like we would be happy to go from a Norm Chow type to a Mark Helfrich type. We just want some sort of production.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coaching changes