Cold about Josh and Susan Powell is a fantastic podcast

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

For anyone out there looking for a podcast, Cold has been extremely entertaining so far. It absolutely boggles my mind that he wasn’t arrested the day he came back from “camping.”

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Arrested for what?  

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

You obviously haven’t listened…There is more than enough probable cause. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well the questions should be to Lohra Miller and Sim Gill. Mostly Sim Gill though. 

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

I will never understand how people keep putting Sim Gill back in office.  He’s horrible as a district attorney

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

This is why journalism is dead. No one holds anyone accountable. Overall crime in Salt Lake County has been on the rise. Now biggest thing has been the jail bed reductions and also the reduction of felony drug possession. I am not talking about weed but you can’t hold people that possess heroin or any other serious drugs.  The logic here was they wanted to increase treatment. Without any funding for treatment beds or anything planned.  So overall crime has increased because addicts being addicts. 

Susan Powell perfect example of the DA working with local LEO on a serious case. No body or murder weapon you can’t tell me they never ran the evidence by the DA to issue a warrant for arrest. Sim Gill has repeatedly never been held accountable but given the microphone to spout off. He even tried to allow Garrity statements made by LEOs in criminal proceedings. Dude is a clown. 

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

His kids would still be alive if he was arrested.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Probable cause is what is needed for an arrest. I don’t believe they had any they still don’t if he was alive today. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I also can’t believe the CPS here in Washington thought it would be OK for him to have visits with his kids, AT HIS HOUSE, supervised by a single female social worker.  When she brought the kids to his house he pulled them inside, shoved her away and locked the door, then hacked his kids to death with an axe and burned down his house.  It was so unbelievably disturbing, expecially since he was the #1 suspect in his wife’s death.
      Their visit should have been in a public place (park or CPS office, for example) with at least one armed police officer.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Both of the boys were the only witnesses to events that lead to her disappearance and assumed murder. They had blood and interviews with very vulnerable minors and no body. Not a lot when it comes to murder.

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

Million dollar life insurance policy, Murder kit in the van, fake alibi, Susan’s blood on the cleaned couch and tile floor, her cell phone hidden in his van with the SIM removed, he removed and destroyed his own SIM, washed and cleaned his van in the middle of a snow storm, son saying that “mommy went with us camping, but stayed out there.” For hells sake, she wrote that if something were to happen to her it would be Josh and not an accident. 

I get trying to be “different” and “cool” by not agreeing with the majority, but you just look ignorant. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Far from ignorant. WVPD isn’t exactly known for not wanting to arrest folks. If there was enough for a warrant the DA would have issued one. 

I guess the real person that should have been interviewed was Sim Gill.

Italy88
              Ute Fan
              @itacoatiara22

*Refutes nothing said above. Instead inserts opinion on WVPD. Nothing to see here folks. 

Agencies around the country have said there was plenty of evidence to arrest and take to trial. The lead detective admits on the podcast that he made serious mistakes. You should give it a listen. Enlighten yourself. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Hindsight interviews in the media is all. He also is wanting to sell a book I gathered from his interview. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

It is fantastic although I feel sick while listening to it.  So bothered by Josh and Steve Powell.  I can’t imagine the horrific creepiness these two men exuded.  I remember seeing Josh interviewed for the first time and it was so blatantly obvious.  You went camping at 130 in the morning in the middle of a snow storm with your two infant children?  Right!   A special place in hell for these two men.  I hope that listening to this podcast may help others escape similar situations and also may this be a case study in how to better investigate and prosecute a murder suspect.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Cold about Josh and Susan Powell is a fantastic podcast