College Football Imperialism Map – Chance for the Utes

Viewing 6 reply threads

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minneapolitanute

Utah has a chance to take some territory this weekend! Can the team come together and play a complete game for four quarters? If yes, I think they take it.  Map can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/

1 2

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I gotta say that site is almost unusable. Whoever came up with that format should be shot.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

It’s one of the most used websites in the world

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Anyone else have no clue what this map is, or is it just me?

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I don’t get it at all.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Since we were invaded by Georgia, I’m struggling to understand anything anyone says. The accent is just too thick. On the plus side, the peach cobbler is very good.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

Georgia does not own our land, they own BYU’s. Wisconsin owns Utah State’s. Wazzu owns our land (aka, Stanford beat us, Wazzu beat Stanford). Thus we have a chance to win our own land back again this week as we play Wazzu.

RedLine
              Ute Fan
              @redline

SLC, parts of the Midwest and most of Oregon – Let’s beat Wazzu and put the Block U back on the map. 

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minneapolitanute

The map is just for fun and answers the question, “What if College Football games were actually battles for land?” “The original map [shows] closest FBS team to every county, but if a team is beaten their land is taken by the team that beat them.”

Here is a Gif showing the map from the beginning of the season:  https://imgur.com/a/ve5DG 

Utah lost its territory to Stanford but can get it back (plus more) by beating Wazzu. 

1 3

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Dumbest map ever.

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minneapolitanute

The map is just for fun and answers the question, “What if College Football games were actually battles for land?” “The original map [shows] closest FBS team to every county, but if a team is beaten their land is taken by the team that beat them.”

Here is a Gif showing the map from the beginning of the season:  https://imgur.com/a/ve5DG 

Utah lost its territory to Stanford but can get it back (plus more) by beating Wazzu. 

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

For the record, I love this map and it makes for great fun and conversation fodder.

To those who don’t understand it, as was mentioned, you start out “owning” all counties that are closest to you geographically. If you first lose, your territory is conquered by the team that defeats you. When that team loses their home territory, plus your’s and any other they have won become the territory of the team that beat them.

It’s a silly, but fun thing.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football College Football Imperialism Map – Chance for the Utes