Colorado game set for 8pm

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Late November and we will be sitting in RES until midnight or even later? I’m sorry but that sucks BALLS for we fans who attend the games. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Right now (waaay early forecast) it looks to be not significantly colder than the last game.  Mid 40s?

I thought the consensus was that the Utes played better in night games.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ll be there. Kickoff time doesn’t bother me, but I understand that I’m likely in the minority. Sounds like it could make for an empty stadium in a game that will likely determine whether or not we go bowling.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Yeah, terrible kick off time. But I will be there!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Your last chance to prove you exist and come by to say hello at my tailgate.

Hoo Ray Who?
          Ute Fan
          @mattybumbo

I can attest…he’s real! Tony, thanks for the food, drink, and chat on Saturday. Truly a pleasure to meet you and yours, it won’t be the last time I darken the doorstep of #69 by the dumpster. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Great to meet you too. We have a modest tailgate, but friendly Ute fans. Stop by anytime. 

Hoo Ray Who?
              Ute Fan
              @mattybumbo

and Bratwurst worthy of songs and praise. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Our seats are particularly cold, right under the concourse tunnel. The wind funnels down right into us.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’ll gladly take tickets from anyone for whom the game is too late/too cold.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

🙂 I bitched about being cold, but I’m GOING.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Just be sure to pack your whiskey blanket!

1 2

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Seriously, if fans want an excuse to stay home and watch the game on TV, an 8 o’clock kickoff in late November is it. I know TV pays the bills but what I wouldn’t give at this point to have the 1980’s scheduling where we knew every late season game was in the day, atmosphere be damned. And I’m one that really doesn’t mind the cold, just the whole idea of mountain teams playing games at midnight is just stupid.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

A lot to be said for first several games to be played on balmy evenings and last few games to be when the sun is still in the sky when autumn is turning to winter.  Now it’s often playing late summer games at high noon, and November games when it’s already dark and you know less than 2 weeks ahead of time when the games start.  Of course back then for many road games, it was listening to Bill Marcroft on the radio (although later we could usually see them on KJZZ).

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Dumbe and Dumber

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I should be there.

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed with the attendance last week. They announced another sellout but lots of empty seats. Makes me worry what the turnout will be for the CU game. Surprised that we have had 3 straight ranked seasons contending for the division title and 1 .500 season and we’re having a hard time getting more than 70-75% of the seats filled. Maybe Chris Hill is right to be hesitant about expansion.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I thought attendance was pretty good and the the MUSS and NEZ were loud as usual. The problem I have is with the crowd that actually attends the games, sits on their ass during third down, and then leaves when we go down 2 scores with 18 min left to play. The disinterested fan that shows up late and leaves early seems to be becoming more prevalent at RES.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Attendance was solid. Most the seats were full until it got late, cold, and the game looked out of reach for some.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Colorado game set for 8pm