Colorado losing steam?

Viewing 11 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Colorado has looked less than impressive the last two weeks. A 10-5 win over standford and a 20-10 win over UCLA that was closer than even the narrow score indicated. They almost look like what Utah has done the last few seasons. Riding high going into Novemmber but just run into a wall in terms of depth.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Arizona plays Colorado tough this week & would be less surprised to see Colorado lose to WSU & Utah.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let’s hope.  I think they lose to Washington State.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Been trying to put my finger on their game with UCLA.  They won that game on emotion.  That’s it. I think that recipe fails eventually.

Anonymous
      Inactive

WSU should beat CU fairly easily even on the road.  Utah should also beat CU. But one game at a time.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If we don’t win Thursday it might not matter.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I agree with you @Stache, CU will fade in November. Just like we have done in the past. I’m having a hard time picking CU at Arizona. CU is ripe for a loss and at AZ sounds about right, but that means they lose out. I don’t see them beating WSU and of course, I’m thinking we beat them.

For the 1st time in 6 years, I don’t think we fade. 3 Games in November is just what we needed. I don’t think we’ve ever had a November bye. We are also in a phase where we are getting depth back rather than losing depth. We have good reason to be excited about November.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve said this all along: Colorado is about the same as they were last year. They are a tough team, but not great and won’t win the south. 

Last year, they were 2-7 in games decided by 8 pts or less. They are now older, more experience, and have had some breaks go their way this year. 

They are a tough team, like they’ve been the last two years, are more experienced and have had the ball bounce their way this year. 

I’m more worried about beating ASU than Colorado. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Combined PAC 12 Conference record of Colorado’s opponents is 12-19.  Teams with winning Conference records were USC at 5-2 and Stanford at 4-3.  They lost to USC and pulled out a close win over Stanford, both on the road.  That would point to a close game in Colorado.  Once again, turnovers likely determine the result.  

But first up is ASU.  Just two more days.  ONe game at a time.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I have a hunch Arizona rises up to save face this week and Colorado slips up. Sounds crazy but often the PAC is crazy.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Picking games is November is dicey. Teams with nothing to lose and nothing to play for can be dangerous.

Mark
      Ute Fan
      @onsidekick430

They will steam roll AZ. WSU and Utah will offer real tests. Colorado is for real. They’ve been building up to this for years. Last season they were in nearly every game. I still think it will come down to Utah/Colo for the South on the last weekend of the reg season.

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

Picking games is November is dicey. Teams with nothing to lose and nothing to play for can be dangerous.

Totally agree with this. Sometimes a team with nothing to lose “plays loose” and ends up being the spoiler. ASU and Oregon could play that role for us. I hope not. AU might play the role for CU.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

The problem is that even if Colorado loses the next two and we beat Oregon Colorado wins the South if they beat us.

Well maybe not if USC wins out.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I can’t see CU losing to AZ. That’s a team that has just given up at this point.

I do see them losing to both WSU and Utah though.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Colorado losing steam?