Committee obviously does a great job of inciting discussion

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

always felt they did quite a few things throughout their rankings prior to the final one with this objective. But bumping Baylor up 5 spots after beating a slightly above average Texas team was not one of those “wtf” occasions to incite discussion. It was to direct it and “justify” when Oklahoma jumps us by beating them in the big 12 championship. I hope im wrong but its hard to think of a real reason Baylor would jump like that seemingly out of nowhere

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Then what if they beat them in round 2

Nittany Ute
      Ute Fan
      @nittanyute

I had the same thought when I saw that. Hopefully, if OU continues to win, they only squeak by while Utah continues to look dominant. Aside from being a Utah fan and obviously biased, I really have no interest in watching 0-klahoma choke in another big bowl game. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

My biggest thing is Utah’s defense is elite by most metrics. They are also putting up numbers in the PAC12 that haven’t happened since 1990. Washington Husky Football was dominant defensively in a league known for offense.

Utah’s offense is good. It does what is needed when healthy to control the game and win.

I have to hope the CFP is looking at the whole team not just one side of the ball like Oklahoma. But these pass heavy high scoring games make for longer games and more commercials. Also the brand more people nationally are going to watch the same ole brands. Utah is something completely different and appeals to me in that regard. Lsu is interesting as well they are something new.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

If the committee is positioning itself to put Oklahoma above Utah, why wouldn’t they just go ahead and do it?  Oklahoma is 10-1 with a better strength of schedule than Utah, and that is all the justification they would need.

I believe they didn’t do it because they still believe in Utah, and are giving us the benefit of the doubt.   The committee chair acknowledged that in the loss to USC, we were without Zack Moss. This proves they think highly of Utah and thinks we probably would have won that game with Moss.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

for the discussion and to make it less blatant. We will find out for sure if both Utah and OU win out

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Less blatant?  It is obviously blatant. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

To keep Baylor out due to poor OOC results. If Utah and Baylor are conference champs they can keep Utah ranked above Baylor. If Oklahoma wins they can jump OU over Utah due to a higher ranked opponent. But Oregon has to beat Oregon St, otherwise its Rose Bowl vs Pedo St, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I think they’re waiting for Oklahoma’s next two games which are against a top 25 team and a top 10 team. They’ve already beat a top 10 a week and a half ago. I can’t imagine why some think they can’t jump us.

Go Oklahoma St!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Committee obviously does a great job of inciting discussion