Concerns

Viewing 8 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’m concerned with the following:

1. Caleb Williams can’t play any better than he did in round 1 but the rest of the team can and has played better. Their new rb might be better than dye.

2. Revenge for usc, they feel like round 1 was stolen and they will be all gas all game.

3. The game isn’t in slc and we just aren’t good away from home. I know we won last year but this team usc has isn’t led by Anthony brown and the rest of ‘21 Oregon.

4. Kincaids health.

5. Cam rising continuation from the Oregon game. Yeah we beat Colorado but I’m sure Weber could too.

6. Kicker, Redding is trash and I hope he proves me wrong this week if called upon

I still think Utah wins, but I’m also saying that as a fan. I think we win most of the time with few exceptions. What are your concerns and are any of mine non-issues?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Okay. We’re not going to be favored, this really is a bonus game. Hopefully the Utes can pull off a gutsy “miracle.” At this point, we know this team’s limitations. It is what it is. USC is peaking at the right time for them. They have the best team money can buy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Back in September I did a poll asking about areas of concern. Check it out and see how close or far it is from today.
      Polls Archive Link

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Whatever happened with Noyes?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think this is a tough win for Utah. Utah can absolutely win, but we have to go back to Utah football. I was so glad to hear Whitt say were are a running team first earlier today. 

I think Cam has been so good and losing Thomas hurt so we got too far into the “let’s just throw it up to Kincaid and we will be alright”. We need to get back to running the ball efficiently to take pressure off Cam and the WR’s and let them just sit back and do their thing. 

If we can run the ball well, and I think Jackson gets a lot more carries on Friday, then we have a legit shot to win this game (and if CPIII plays). If CPIII doesn’t play and we can’t run the ball…then it could be ugly. USC is good…but not Ohio State, Georgia good. They are PAC-12 good. And so are we. 

Side note: Bernard’s best shot at the NFL is as a DB. I know the coaches want him at DB but he wants to play RB. If CPIII sits out the rest of the year, don’t be surprised if we see Bernard play both ways the last two games again. He is a solid RB. He has NFL potential at DB. Let’s see if the coaches can talk him into his real position. 

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

There is no way Utah will plan on playing Bernard on defense Friday. 

multiple guys would need to get hurt to make them consider it. He’s listed at RB1 currently, they aren’t going to toy with him on D, especially on a short week, and TT out.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

That MB take of yours is wild.  I can’t even imagine it and I doubt it’s occurred to MB either…#iplayrunningback.  But hell, Manny Hendrix played point guard before playing db for the Cowboys.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Your list of issues is legit.  But, USC has a bunch of issues too.  They beat UCLA by three when they had three interceptions.  Without the turnover, they would have lost.  Without the costly ND turnovers in the game Saturday – ND may have won.

If we can avoid turnovers and establish the running game – I think we can win this game.  It won’t be easy but a game like this shouldn’t be easy.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I honestly feel like the crowd noise speeds up Cam. Its why the only tough road game he played well in was UCLA in an empty Rose Bowl

I dont anticipate it being very loud when we are on offense. Thats a huge plus

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Man I’d love it if we won. That would really be special but im just stoked for the opportunity. I plan to go and cheer win or lose it’s gonna be a fun trip. It would be especially great if the team wins given it appears im sitting on the wrong side of the stadium. GO UTES! This kind of thing didn’t look possible when I was a kid.  

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

At the end of the day this is and should be the mindset as fans. Just super cool to be in this position and I’m excited for Friday! Just wish I was going

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

USC’s turnover margin this year is crazy. They are plus 23. Next best is Duke +14. Need to somehow make them negative in this game. They’ve only lost one fumble and had three passes picked. It would help if the crowd was Utah majority and similar to a road game as USC only won at Arizona by 8 and at OSU by 3. They avoided Washington and Oregon and got the easy path with Cal and Stanford who they will really miss in a few years when those near bye games are off the schedule.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Earlier in the year, I mentioned USC’s luck in not having to play BOTH Oregon and Washington this season. There’s no doubt that USC would have two (and possibly three losses) if they had played both those teams. As it stands, they literally needed an act of God to beat the Beavs in Corvallis. Their turnover margin is absolutely unreal. Hopefully, it comes back to earth in the CCG. I’d love for USC to be minus three or four in turnovers on Friday. If that happens, hard to see how the Utes don’t win.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.