Cooper Bateman

Viewing 5 reply threads

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Any scuttlebutt on wether or not he is going to be pursuing a QB or WR role?

I am officially off the Troy Williams bandwagon unless he delivers a PAC 12 championship, then I am back on.

1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Bateman is here to play QB. He will get a shot to win the job. 

I think we find out quickly on Bateman. He will compete as a QB in the spring. If he isn’t a clear leader to play QB, he will move positions, but as of right now, Bateman believes he will be the QB against NDSU. 

1 7

Anonymous
        Inactive

Did not realize we had ^^^^^ someone from the coaching staff posting here. That’s awesome…..I think.

2 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Or, you can listen to Whitt. But whatever, you know what’s going on. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’ve heard that Bateman is trying to get another year back. One year he took 1 snap in the first game, then never saw the field again. Word is the Parents (biased) think their chances are 50% 50% he could get another year. They are going through all the paperwork with the NCAA.

I also heard that Dennis Erickson was high on the Freshman (Huntley) being the starter over Troy Williams. But Erickson didn’t win out the argument.  

It is comforting to know that the NEW OC is a QB Guru. The best guy should win the job.

AgouraUte
        @agouraute

That is comforting to know. I hope that he gets the extra year. I can see why Peterson benched Troy Williams. Hopefully KWittt xtracts himself from the offense this year.

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

I’ve heard that Bateman is trying to get another year back. One year he took 1 snap in the first game, then never saw the field again. Word is the Parents (biased) think their chances are 50% 50% he could get another year. They are going through all the paperwork with the NCAA.

On what grounds though? From what I understand, the year is burned whether you take 1 snap or 500 snaps, unless there’s some sort of medical hardship situation.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I don’t see how Bateman can get a year back. Unless there was an injury that year. Bateman’s best shot to keep playing football after this year is come in, win the job, then win the PAC-12. If that were to happen, he’d have a great shot at the NFL. If he stuggles to win the job at all, this is probably his last year playing football. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is pretty lofty expectations for TWilliams. While many claim he played with a bad MCL all season. I trust the coaches on this team, watch the Oline very carefully. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Curious why Bateman transferred to the U? He would have a much better shot at being the starting QB at Oregon St if playing football was his main concern.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

A couple things. He probably didn’t want to go to a team that will win about 4 games. I strongly suspect he was assured he’d have a great chance of starting at QB here, otherwise he wouldn’t have come. There has to be a reason his enrollment was kept hush-hush. It got out when a journalist acting on a tip looked him up on the student enrollment log on line. When the news did get out the team said he would be tried at WR. They didn’t mention that he would get a look at QB until the LOIs were all in. They probably didn’t want QB speculation effecting recruiting.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s the starter by fall but I’m just some guy on a message board making speculations so don’t take it to the bank.

Anonymous
          Inactive

My speculation is I would be shocked if he is the starter in the fall. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Bateman transferred because he believes he will be the QB this fall. No one has made any promises. He feels he is just better than anyone here. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

^^^^this^^^^

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cooper Bateman