Correct me if I’m wrong…

Viewing 1 reply thread

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

We’ve had a pick 6 in our last 3 meetings with the Coogs. That’s a very satisfying stat and it makes me happy.

salUTE
      Ute Fan
      @salute

There wasnt a pick-6 in fhe 2017 game.

Hobbs had a pick but wasn’t able to run it in.

2 out of the last 3 years is still pretty good!

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

On a side note, love Boobie Hobbs, but his punt returns were not for the faint of heart.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Unfortunately neither are Covey’s this year. I bet that gets cleaned up next season though.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Jameson Field fumbled the punt against byu. Covey hasn’t exactly been helped either. 

Chidojuan
              Ute Fan
              @chidojuan

That was a weird play altogether. I feel like they were trying to take advantage of our blocking formation. If you watch all of the punt returns, BYU is pretty aware of where the ball is and the coverage is actively trying to push the blockers into the ball. I don’t really know what Field could have done on that play besides just fall down when Covey yelled poision. The coverage man pushed him into the ball on purpose. It was actually a smart call on their special teams.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I just don’t get how he got all turned around like that. At least be backpeddling to get pushed into a fumble like that. 

Staples
                  Ute Fan
                  @staples

You normally don’t expect a punt to be quite that short. That thing was seemingly 20 yards short of where Covey had set up.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Wasn’t it last year where we picked off the first throw from BYU and brought it back for a TD?

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

That was ’16. Last year Boobie picked them on their second drive and took it to the 9

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

I must be thinking Vegas Bowl, 2016, and this year. Still, 3 of 4 years 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Correct me if I’m wrong…