Kosher-ness of selling tickets here…

Viewing 5 reply threads

squiteUte
      Ute Fan
      @squiteute

I had to make a new registration…..I have been on here before under a different name…..I wanted to ask first what everyone thought of selling Football game tickets on this board…..just face value to a good Ute Fan home…… tell me what you think

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by squiteUte.

ChooseTheRed
      Ute Fan
      @choosethered

I’m certainly not in charge around here but I don’t see anything wrong with it.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Why would there be a problem selling tickets on here? Utah football tickets being sold to Utah fans? I’m with CTR… seems like a no-brainer to me.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

While I respect your opinion, Moose, I disagree.
      I think the fact that they’re being offered to Utah fans first is enough of a concession.
      One could always just go to StubHub and rape people for them… Utah and opposing fans alike.
      At least this way he’s trying to make sure his seat is taken by a Utah fan.

EDIT:
      This was in response to Moose’s strongly stated opinion that people shouldn’t get as much for tickets as they can, or as much as the market would bear.
      I do not and never will agree with that line of thinking.
      There is risk associated with buying the season tickets in the first place. There is no guarantee of being able to sell tickets when needed at a price where money can be recouped. And if people (including Utah fans) are willing to pay that much for them, who is anyone to stand in the way?
      Things come up. Sometimes emergencies happen and you can’t attend a game. Why lose out on the money when there’s someone to pay the asking price, simply because those that don’t have think it’s unfair that you get to recoup costs or (gasp!) even make a little bit of profit on it?
      That’s just silly. Outright silly. It’s that kind of “social pressure” that exists on that other board that makes it such a drag to be active on. If you don’t subscribe to the groupthink, you’re shot down at every opportunity. And that’s just wrong. But I digress.
      We live in a capitalistic society. If you have supply, and there’s demand, sell it at the price you can.
      And if you choose to only sell it to a Utah fan, then that’s enough sacrifice on principle for me, because that may mean you don’t get top dollar.
      If you disagree with that… by extension, if don’t like free markets, move to China.
      Good hell.

<end rant>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by leftyjace.

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

Yeah, I see it more as a public service to sell your tickets to Utah fans at face value than anything else. Hat tip to you!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sure. No problem with it.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I’ll tell you what’s not cool…Spelling Kosher with a C.

:|>

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kosher-ness of selling tickets here…