Costelli will be here in Utah in January.

Viewing 4 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

If Rising can participate in Spring ball also that would be encouraging news for our QB situation.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I thought KW said on Monday that Rising wint be able to participate, which must have influenced Costelli’s change of plans.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t think we see Rising in spring ball.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I know you had serious shoulder surgery.  Sounds like your surgery was more invasive than Rising’s.  I have had both shoulders operated on.  I know firsthand the rehab is time consuming and painful.  I don’t think there is a chance that Cam will be at full strength by March.  However, I think there are some things he can participate in.  I suspect him to participate at a limited level.  Based on my experience, I expect him to be full strength by about May or June.  But, everyone is different.

cjd1
          Ute Fan
          @cjd1

OnlyU did mention Rising’s injury was not as bad as first expected.

Xanthis
            Ute Fan
            @xanthis

He still won’t be back for spring ball. He will hopefully be throwing in the summer and ready for fall camp.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Costelli always wanted to be here by spring. If everything was normal in California he would have played his SR year this fall and enrolled at Utah in January.

He wanted to play his SR so decided to stay when California said they would play football in the spring.

California is going to cancel all spring HS sports so now Costelli has decided Utah by spring and is now scrambling to get the required grades/credits to graduate early to enroll at Utah.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Sounds like it’s a done deal. He’s got a path to get here by January and he’ll do it. It’s only a few weeks away until they come back to campus.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

So glad to hear Costelli is coming in January. With Cam out for Spring this will give Costelli a lot of the attention and reps needed to get up to speed prior to Fall camp. IMO the best case scenario would be a highly competitive Fall camp between Rising and Costelli for the starting job.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Costelli will be here in Utah in January.