Couple of disappointing tweets from Samson Nacua.

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Nacua tweeted a few times about how Utah is not good enough for his younger brothers and that he wants “bigger and better things for them.” It’s a bit discouraging to hear stuff like this from players in the program, but even more discouraging to hear some of the responses by Ute fans.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah Bama and Clemson bastions of normalcy compared to Utah.

Edit: I would tell my kids to take the best scholarship available. For me that would be Stanford just because of the alumni association. But yes right now if you want to play in title game those are the two best options.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I have absolutely no problem with recruits picking the scholarship option that is in their best interest.  It just seems like in this case Nacua isn’t being a very good ambassador for the Utah football program.

If his preference is for his brothers to go to better programs, that’s fine.  But he should keep that opinion to himself because it’s not a good look for a current player to say it publicly, IMO.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well he is just being honest. If he thinks his brothers can be a third string for Bama go ahead.

Anonymous
          Inactive

He could not have picked a worse time than the recruiting home stretch to voice this opinion.

After his brother’s shameful display I wondered what he would be.

I guess, now we know.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

It really is a stupid thing to say. Does Utah have kids on the fence with Bama still? You basically show that kid hey don’t go to Utah even their kids say it isn’t worth your time. 

Anonymous
              Inactive

Yeah we do, a couple. Also competing with Penn St for one kid and USC for a couple more. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

His brother is a DB?  Like what advice is he giving this kid?  Utah sends every DB into the Nfl?  There are very few who go undrafted or unsigned.  

crazyute
                  Ute Fan
                  @crazyute

Are you talking about Puka Nacua, the WR at Orem high school?

5 6

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cut him. It’s not worth carrying a cancerous tumor on the team.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

As much hype as Nacua got he pretty much vanished when Carrington got hurt. 

8 4

Anonymous
          Inactive

You don’t bite the hand, and so forth.

We have better players than him coming in.

If someone tweets that their boss sucks and their firm is second rate, that person does not remain employed with that firm.

Cut him. F**k him.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

you really going to label this kid a cancer off one tweet?  it’s something he should have kept to himself and the logic is flawed to say the least but stripped of everything else, at the base of the tweet, is simply a Desire for the best for his family. calling it anything beyond a mistake  (cancer…one tweet…really?) is far past sensible 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah the problem with the world today. Voice your opinion amongst your family not on social media and make yourself look dumb. 

5 1

Anonymous
          Inactive

If he’s talking this mess on social media, what’s he saying in the locker room? Is he singing Kumbayah? Actions have consequences. Take a swipe at the program he supposedly grew up dreaming of having a chance to play for? Let him go to Weber St or USU or even the zoo. We don’t need s**t fer brains like this punk. He’s s**tting on my school, and that p**ses me off.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

to him I would say:

you could easily make the case that going to bama/Clemson over Utah is a negative in regards to personal long term success. such a deep talent pool at those schools even good players can get lost in the shuffle or, at the least, have their development impaired because established first round draft picks dominate the reps. at Utah, if you are special, you will be special. period. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

And if you truly are a special player, realize there are five more players just like you coming in every year. Guarantee some Freshman Phenom will take your playing time and will make you a forgotten man in Tuscaloosa.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

At least he’s not advocating for TDS.  My answer to him would be that Utah could be the next Clemson with more talent like his brothers.   Why not be known for putting the Utes over the top?   It will take much longer (if ever) to be as well known/regarded tradition as schools like Alabama, USC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc, but tradition only gets those teams so far, Alabama can be knocked off as Utah has done.

10 1

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

All I can say is that I hope to see Nacua riding the bench most, if not all of next season. He can candy-coat it all he wants but he basically spat (imo) on The University of Utah. His brother was an entitled [explicit] stain while at the tds and so it looks like Samson is as well. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Hey Samson, get Puka to have a sit-down meeting with Cooper Bateman about the things they will tell you to get you to Alabama. Then realize you will be sitting on the bench for four years (unless you get injured) because they are absolutely stacked at your position (and every position, tbh).

Puka, Good luck young man. I hope your brother doesn’t lead you the wrong direction.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Couple of disappointing tweets from Samson Nacua.