Couple of things…

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 12

User Suspended
      @a2ute

1. Since when did Utah start signing middle schoolers?

2. With a name like Rylan, i’m assuming he’s from Utah?

Image result for Rylan Jones utes

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

You are aware Rylan is the son of Chris Jones, Utah’s MBB director of operations…correct?

1 5

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I was not aware of that. Now if you had said he is the son of Ward Cleaver….

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

He’s a 4* top 100 recruit at PG

The baby face Assassin will start from day 1 at Utah. He’s that good.

Like John Stockton good

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

His offer sheet is short because he committed to Utah years ago. Otherwise be would have offers from all of the top basketball schools (and likely that fifth star). He is a serious talent and will be one of the best guards in program history.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I saw him make an assist in the state tournament last year. It was amazing. He was leading the break and in one motion wrapped the ball around the defender, brought it all the way back to make a behind the back pass to the open man for a dunk. The camera had to show the pass in slow motion so you could see what he did. Otherwise, in real time it was just a blur. It was incredible. 

The break was 3 on 3, and the only two people aware of the location of the ball were Jones and the kid who made the dunk. Everyone else was completely lost.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I had the priveledge of having Rylan’s father Chris coach me on several occasions. He is, without a doubt, the best coach I have ever played for in any sport. He isn’t the kind of guy that’s really suited for a HC job, but as far as teaching people how to play the game, I’d bet there is none much better. I’m sure, without ever having seen his son play, that Rylan has perfect fundamentals in every way, because his father would not have it any other way.

Look at the kids stats as a Junior, that is absolutely astounding for a high school kid of his stature. It’s not easy for a high school team to go undefeated… I mean, MVK is 7 ft 4, and his team lost games. THEY BEAT TEAMS BY AN AVERAGE OF 30+ points in the playoffs! He makes other players better. He probably doesn’t have the athleticism or size to play in the NBA, but he’ll be a VERY good college player for sure.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

No offense Pace, but you seem to be quite ignorant, or maybe just dumb at times.  I’m also guessing you’ve never watched this kid play, because you would be pretty excited about him if you have.  He is extremely quick, smooth with the ball, has great vision, and is a good shooter.  I get that you hate everyone who isn’t a 5* star in football/basketball, but we don’t get 5* star kids so stop hating every recruit we get.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I appreciate reading the posts as I didn’t know anything about him…looks can be deceiving i guess.

And no, I don’t live in Utah so I wouldn’t have seen him play.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

https://youtu.be/A-3c6G_mXKs

This is just highlights of his sophomore year so he has us much better than what this shows, but these are very impressive for a kid that looks like a “middle schooler.”

PhillyUte
      Ute Fan
      @phillyute

Your hot takes are just awful. 

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

One national guy said he might get bumped up to a high 4 Star.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Couple of things…